• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What kinda HP are people getting from modded zetecs?

Teal4Banger

CEG'er
I've lokoed around (including the old forums) and can't seem to find any threads about what kind of power poeple are getting from their modified zetecs? So lets have it: 1) What mods do people have, and 2) What power are poeple seeing form their mods? Please post dyno graphs if you've got um.

Thanks,

-Teal

Last edited:
Mods: Intake, 2.5" catback exhast, adjustable FPR
Power: 121WHP and 123WTQ
Dyno: dynojet
Notes: added an UDP and got it to about 125WHP but i dont have a dyno plot for it.
dyno.jpg

Mods: Custom build turbo kit using a T3 60 trim turbo at 10PSI
Power: 200WHP and 220WTQ
Dyno: dynapack dyno
Notes: I know have a T3 Super60 and running 13PSI. i want to get it back onto the dyno, both the dynapack and a dynojet.
Picture006-2.jpg

Last edited:
lol,that looks like my old 91 pgt turbo graph...only alot less tq. straight up annddddddddddddd straight down:laugh:

i wish i had a dyno sheet from a turbo SVTF i saw at a ford show. made like 300 whp on 12 psi. apparently, it was built to handle a lot more, but it was actually slower that way (wheelspin)

must not be many hard-core zetec fans floating around any more :nonono:
There are still a few of us that love the zetec. the problem is that most of us havent put the car on the dyno. if you look over at some of the focus sites they have a "dyno plot" thread.

It's really sad that there aren't more people modding Zetecs. They are soo damn cheap, there is a ton of room in the engine bay, and there is the whole Focus aftermarket for parts.

BP

Zetec ATX

2.25" exhaust, CTA intake, Superchip, crank UDP- 111hp/121tq

With the addition of a ZX2 race header, no cat- 121hp/121tq

Jackson Racing supercharger (2.6 pulley), race header, 2.5" exhaust, Diablochip, CTA intake, Mustang GT MAF, 42# injectors, ported TB- 160hp/140tq

The first two were on the same dyno. All Dynojet. Stock head, block, and trans.

Zetec ATX

2.25" exhaust, CTA intake, Superchip, crank UDP- 111hp/121tq

With the addition of a ZX2 race header, no cat- 121hp/121tq

Jackson Racing supercharger (2.6 pulley), race header, 2.5" exhaust, Diablochip, CTA intake, Mustang GT MAF, 42# injectors, ported TB- 160hp/140tq

The first two were on the same dyno. All Dynojet. Stock head, block, and trans.
needs more dyno plot pictures:D:D

Did you check out the results of HP gains, mod by mod, in a sticky note in the Zetec Performance forum? Didn't that really answer most of the original question, or am I missing something?

I think he was just looking to see who has done what with their Zetec 'tour.

Between Striker2 and I, there will plenty of dynos this summer.

BP

No kidding. A heavily modded zetec in a Cougar put on a weight reduction diet could be a real kick to play with.

I think he was just looking to see who has done what with their Zetec 'tour.

Between Striker2 and I, there will plenty of dynos this summer.

BP

Exactly. I'm familiar with the mods stickies. I'm just looking for some different implementations of the the mods to see what everyone is doing.

Back