• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

show me your window tint

Well you saw mine last weekend , but I'll post anyway ;) .

35% front - 20% rear

I've gotta upload some of my recent shots ...

Dang!I,ll have to make it to Carlise this year!
The cars looks sweeeeeeet

Yes , you will have to make it out . It's a HUGE show , with some very sweet Contiques to looks at . Bring yours out ... we could use another to look at ! The (discounted) pre-registration info is stickied in the NorthEast forum .

35% all the way around except for windshield

DSC_0087.jpg

I love my 15%, but at night is gets to me, I cant see all that well when im backing out, usually have to wing it. Blind spots at night are literally blind and you cant see. During the day though it looks awesome with the whole blacked out look :cool:

I guess I get this from my dad, but All my cars dark tint, and I just crack my door and stick my head out and back up "Pro Stock Style". He does it with half his body hanging out with his foot draging on the ground. :shrug: It works unless you have you door open to much and snag a drive way marker. :crazy:

35% is the darkest i'd recommend on a DD in a non sunny state IE florida, arizona, etc.

35% will rarely get you hassled usually, the only time you'll catch anything is when theyy just hunt for a reason to pull you over.

There are many ways to "lighten" up tint when you see "the man" like rolling down the opposite side window, turning on the domelight at night as if you're looking for something, or just roll windows down.

We discussed this with Ian last weekend , but tint laws in PA are 70% light transmittance ... which is stock tint :( . Anything over that & it's illegal . Some cops are definately cool with a certain amount of tint , some are real pr**ks about it - but you never know which one will be looking at you ;) . It certainly worries me when I drive my CSVT (I wasn't counting on it being that dark when I had it done) , but luckily I drive it less than 5k a year , and certainly not as my daily driver . Does it look cool ?? Yes ! Would I want it that dark as a DD ? No - just for the possible hassle factor . Cops don't like walking up on a car that they can't see into - remember that . It doesn't matter if YOU know you're an OK guy .

This was just the post I was looking for as I am probably getting tint this Wed. I am thinking 30% but 35% looks good too. Tint seems to look darker on darker cars. I have a black car with black interior. Suggestions? Also, what are the chances that say I get pulled over for tint, that the cop will make me remove my tint? I know it has happened to some people.

Back