• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Spring Zing 08 Thread

Comfort Inn
40455 Ann Arbor Rd
Plymouth, MI 48170
734-455-8100

Located behind the Steak & Ale and Bennigans

Rooms are $65 plus tax (Must reserve before June 1st @ 11:59pm)
Tell them you are with CEG or Countour Enthusiasts Group
15 king rooms and 15 double rooms have been reserved

More information to follow

By June 1st??

of this year????

C'mon now, that's a little silly.

I missed the last 2 SZ's due to work in 06 and my first born in 07. Wife has given her blessing short of disaster, I have a weekend pass for SZ08!

If we do a full track day on thursday should I call the hotel and reserve rooms for wendsday if anyone wants to come then? and if soo how many?

Well I got a long drive so I cant' do a completely full day thursday when I drive up wednesday and I of course aint gonna drive up tuesday to do nothing wednesday just for thursday. But do whatever cuz if the cost ain't way too high I'll still make it at a decent time and run it as much as possible. Don't matter much cuz after 3 15-20 minute runs, I'm really running the car and tires too hard anyways.......... and yeah i drove home on the victos and im still ridin on them. As long as it aint wet whatsoever they still got some good grip.

If we will be getting to the track at 8:30 am, us WI CEG'rs may as well come over and stay at the hotel on Wed.

Nope Show and Shine will most likely be at Gene Butman along with the Banquet possibly

Cool Jason, glad to see you've "grabbed the bull by the horns" on this, anyone helping out:confused: Wait till everyone see's the YEB, kinda of a dress rehearsal for what you can do when it comes down to it. We had a MONSTER turnout for that:cool:

I am looking forward to CEG owning Woodward. :) That will be nuts for sure!

And this year I will get there the first day, instead of arriving at the end of the banquet and missing the whole thing! :help:

This may seem like a dumb question, but I'm thinking about attending the 08 Spring Zing (first time ever) and am wondering, is there any registration cost etc? I guess, besides hotel/food, what kind of other costs can I expect?

This may seem like a dumb question, but I'm thinking about attending the 08 Spring Zing (first time ever) and am wondering, is there any registration cost etc? I guess, besides hotel/food, what kind of other costs can I expect?

yes...last year it was $15 which paid for food at the banquet, name tags and lanyards and some other stuff that was needed...

Registration usually covers nametags, some prizes, possibly a T-shirt, the banquet on Saturday night. Registration varies by location and whosever running it.

There are also fees if you are going to Dyno, run the road course, and/or run the 1/4 mile track.

Basically just watch the threads about the upcoming Spring Zing. As you can see Jason has already started planning things out and will keep us updated on the fees and pricesof various things.

If youre a drinker (which I am not) bring monie for da lickher.....

Last thing, stay away from Elky and don't ever open his box.... :laugh:

Last edited:
stay away from bk too. and never let elky out of your sight. he has his nuts out for most of the night, every night.

oh yeah, dont kiss the pig after he rubbed his nuts all over it

Last edited:
Gonna try to keep the Registration fee around 20-30 dollars. All depends on cost of food and stuff.

Back