• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"THE" Official 2010 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 7th thru 10th!

They should make a download update in Forza that allows you to borrow credits like an auto loan. I can make some serious credits as a forza loan broker! Forums could band together to form credit unions! We could take over the Forza financial world!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They should make a download update in Forza that allows you to borrow credits like an auto loan. I can make some serious credits as a forza loan broker! Forums could band together to form credit unions! We could take over the Forza financial world!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, best idea I've ever heard. This could be the next step in gaming, hahaha!

I just got a car pack that has the Daytona Coupe, but it's like 10,000,000 credits!

That is crazy and I too have it but it would take forever to get that many credits via race wins but you can always plunk down the money and buy credits online. Just like in real life, I'd rather "stock the pond" with many, cheap, tuned cars. My buddy has an 85' Civic Si so I bought and modded a 91' Si and its awesome! I entered it and raced it in a series where it said basically what my sig says, but raced it anyways and chased down and beat an NSX! 300 hp and under a ton can do that for you I guess.

My car is very slow, but if you do an engine swap out of the Integra or whatever its ok. I've driven one with waaaaaaaaaaaay too much power courtesy of Kevin (Hectours good buddy) and it was nutz. I have mine modded like my real car, so yeah, its slow but its amazing how they've got the VTEC sound in the game, sweet!

I will get around to posting the pics and stats but I will say this, some cars I freestyled though, watch out. Randy, I went Mugen on your car and I think it looks pretty good.

BTW, ITS TOO EARLY TO START THE "OFFICAL" COUNTDOWN, BUT WE'RE LESS THAN 3 MONTHES AWAY!

I can't wait! I want wheels! LOL

I know you've been wanting wheels, don't know why but you need those rubber covers that go over them first.....unless you've turned into Eric and can handle the car with completely bald tires. Ask Eric how to handle this Hectour:p

Speaking of wheels, it appears I'll be going with those Konig Forwards (matte gray w/orange stripe) and I'm going to try and sell my stockers too. I'd appreciate it if you guys keep this in mind, maybe you've got a friend or family member with a Honda with the 4 bolt pattern wheels and they're looking to upgrade or just get something newer. The wheels are 16 x 6 w/55mm offset (4 x 100 bolt pattern) perfect condition w/red H decal for the centercaps and the tires are P185/55/16's with 9800 miles on them right now, one rotation done so far. I want $500 for them and it includes the lugs but doesn't include the TPMS though, I need them for my new wheels.

Thanks for any help guys, I can bring them down with me:cool:

Hmmmm 17x7 Konig Zero-in and 225/45 Continental DWS Tires for $1200 out the door. Must resist urge to use the Discount Tire credit card!

Hector, these would look great. I really liked the painted speed6 wheels but aren't they 18x7?

Yeah 18X7. The most I could do without rubbing (on different wheels) is 235/40. All depends on the offset. The 225/40 offered a hell of a lot more grip than the stock 215/45 but now I have more power. Don't know what I want to do. I want 18X8 RX8 wheels but my wife would murder me since she wants the same wheels!

Just thought i would update on who i'm trying to coax into going. looks like my sister and her b/f might go in her little 06 bug with the 5cylinder. Chris, the guy in the AE86 corolla will be returning. We are both trying to talk a friend of ours into making it with either his toyota soarer or his home built datsun race truck with a 315whp S13 engine. Both of which are right hand drive. here is a link to the video that was made from the last run for those still on the fence about it. The best run is about 3/4 of the way through.
http://chrisrhoad.com/tail-of-the-dragon-vid-day-two/

Looks like the rest of my stuff I need to do some test driving will be shipped Monday. Just gotta wire up gauges and sending units, put battery and radiator hoses in then its time for first start and test drive.

Josh, glad the progress is coming along so quickly:cool: Now, is there any chance you can make it out with us on any of the days or is that out of the question?

Jason, looks like one of your people from SC has added himself to the list, great! If those others go and they're not registered here, just go ahead and add them yourself once you know they're going for sure. I hope one of the right hand drive cars go, that will be another "first" for our run and one less thing on that list I made up a couple pages back:laugh:

Hectour appears to be going to with the "weight watchers" program for his car, I'm not going to let the cat out of the bag, he'll post picks once he does it!

Everyone else, what's new with the rides?

I seriously doubt it Roger. I will be working that weekend. Plus, it evidently takes a month or two to get these things registered in the good ole state of TN.

We'd love to have you out there even in the Caliber, its as much about the people as it is the cars;) but works comes first, ofcoarse.

Hectours "weight loss" is complete, now we just gotta figure out where we're buying the "lap bands", I think him and I are buying the same type, although mine should last alot longer!

I'm not starting the famous "sports countdown", but we've got 77 days to go!

Back