• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The "OFFICIAL" 2009 Fall Dragon Run Thread!

I thought we could take a pic there!

BTW, everyone, don't sweat the weather for the weekend, let's just roll with it:shrug:

I thought we could take a pic there!

BTW, everyone, don't sweat the weather for the weekend, let's just roll with it:shrug:
thats the thing, i dont see a picture in your post or in my quote of your post. :shrug:

edit: its because its an attachment from XceedSpeed that you have to be logged in to see.

I bet the t-shirts are cool for this, huh Derek:shrug::laugh:
Triangle.jpg

Now this would be a sweet shirt! No maps though! Haaa!

Blue Ridge Parkway is off the chain. Drove the MS6 through there last Thanksgiving right after all the leaves changed but hadn't fallen. Talk about reeeemote!

Blue Ridge Parkway is off the chain. Drove the MS6 through there last Thanksgiving right after all the leaves changed but hadn't fallen. Talk about reeeemote!

Sounds like a plan for next year for sure:cool: We almost need to add an extra day to this run, which isn't that big of a deal when you think about how cheap the cabins are! Something to put in the cooker and talk about during our run this year and future posts, I've always thought about it too.

48 HOURS TO GO!

Help me buy a Garmin GPS

Help me buy a Garmin GPS

I need to buy a Garmin, tonight, from Best Buy most likely. Don't need anythign fancy, Just the 4.3" screen pretty much. I'll need it for Sunday as I'll be making other cross-country treks other than going home with the rest of the group.

Any suggestions?

Gawd I can't friggen wait!!!

I need to buy a Garmin, tonight, from Best Buy most likely. Don't need anythign fancy, Just the 4.3" screen pretty much. I'll need it for Sunday as I'll be making other cross-country treks other than going home with the rest of the group.

Any suggestions?

Gawd I can't friggen wait!!!

I was just at Best Buy and if you go for a Garmin with a 3.5" screen like I have its well under $200.00, but the one I saw with the 4.3" screen was $259.00, what a deal! I paid $370 for my Garmin Nuvi 200 in the summer of 2007, boy have they come down in price. Garmin is the only way to go too IMO:cool:

BTW, you should see what the Dragon looks like on the Garmin, crazy!

Garmin is releasing a phone/gps unit next month on AT&T. $299 after mail in rebate with 2 year contract is a bit much but if you're paying $200 for a gps unit, may as well pay another $99 for what seems to be a decent touch screen phone.

Garmin is releasing a phone/gps unit next month on AT&T. $299 after mail in rebate with 2 year contract is a bit much but if you're paying $200 for a gps unit, may as well pay another $99 for what seems to be a decent touch screen phone.

That's cool, but I like the seperate Garmin GPS, this way it does one thing and one thing only, thus less chance of things to go wrong. My Samsung phone has GPS and even has gas prices and traffic updates, I'm double covered when on the road:cool:

LESS THAN 24 HRS TO GO! THIS TIME TOMORROW, OUR GROUP OF 5 WILL BE HEADING DOWN I-75 LOOKING FOR A WAFFLE HOUSE TO GRAB SOME BREAKFAST. THEN CONTINUING DOWN THE ROAD TO MEET UP WITH HECTOUR AND JERRY, THUS THE GROUP BECOMES 7 CARS!

Jim (Mad Max Motorsports) on xceedspeed, the guy with the Fiero spoke to Dixie yesterday too and she said the power is out down there from 11:30 p.m. to 3:00 a.m., so I'm sure its going to be back up when we get down there but she did say it stopped raining, so that's good:shrug:

BOB...SOUNDQSVT, ARE YOU GOING WITH US DOWN TO THE DRAGON, LAST CALL:shrug:

I got me a Garmin last night, woo hoo!

Will anyone be able to spare a Walkie-talkie? I'll have extra AA batteries.

Looks like I'll be departing to Atlanta on Sunday, so I won't be doing the run back to Michigan. That's ok, there are two really good routes to get to ATL from Tellico Plains, should be fun.

Here's to a little warmer and dryer weather! I so can't wait to get the F--- out of here!

Another CSVT on the Dragon!

Another CSVT on the Dragon!

Hey guys!
I'm looking forward to meeting up with you all on Saturday for at least part of the day's run.
I'll be looking for you.:cool:

Jim

Back