• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

St220 intake Manifold installation

FYI I am running 04/05 Valve covers WITH my ST220 UIM and I also have LivinSVT's spacer and my hood closes just fine :cool:.

Aaron

You mean a 2000zxt/blufuz spacer...........

#49: just talk to joe.

Yeah, 2000ZxT saved me a lot of time drawing a file for Livin's spacer. It was plasma cut from 1/2" steel and the UIM bolt locations needed to be drilled by hand, which is not a big deal. The plasma cutter just wouldn't be able to cut a true engough hole.

I had to tweek the drawing a little bit to get the fit that I thought was going to be best. Brett would have more info on how the final fitment was, so contact him too.

Yeah, 2000ZxT saved me a lot of time drawing a file for Livin's spacer. It was plasma cut from 1/2" steel and the UIM bolt locations needed to be drilled by hand, which is not a big deal. The plasma cutter just wouldn't be able to cut a true engough hole.

I had to tweek the drawing a little bit to get the fit that I thought was going to be best. Brett would have more info on how the final fitment was, so contact him too.

Yea I just received your PM and sent you my contact info.

Your going to save me a lot of time. I was going to make a drawing myself in Solidworks making measurements with a caliper on the LIM, but if you have them already... simply awesome.

Brett's engine bay. Pic from SZ 2009 with the spacer in there. Powder coating done by me also ;) Dark Gunmetal UIM, Blue Wrinkle valve covers.

SZ2009028.jpg

Nice I'll have to grab one off of ya. How much for the spacer?

I sent you a PM let me know if your interested. Not sure on pricing, I'm trying to find a good deal on the material. I think I'm going to try and make the spacer out of T6061 as carbon steel seems to be running just about the same if not a little higher in price.

Wonder if you could just take the pastic lower that came with the motor and just cut a half inch section, or however big a spacer you needed, and use that?

I know a guy that could probably cut them out of phenolic material. I am not sure if he can do 1/2" tk but it might be a good option. He might be able to cut the mounting holes since it's so much easier to work with.

Im going to go out to his car to go snap some pics for you guys of Aarons G-ride. Ill return in a little with pics.
Or who ever comes to me with the best offer for his car can come get it too :) I still love ya Aaron lol!

You mean a 2000zxt/blufuz spacer...........

#49: just talk to joe.

Sorry:eek:.

Im going to go out to his car to go snap some pics for you guys of Aarons G-ride. Ill return in a little with pics.
Or who ever comes to me with the best offer for his car can come get it too :) I still love ya Aaron lol!

Thanks Bill and yes sell it I have no complaints:laugh:.

In the meantime folks these are the only pictures I have of the motor without the UIM installed.
Engine3.jpg

Engine2.jpg

Engine.jpg

Aaron

I know a guy that could probably cut them out of phenolic material. I am not sure if he can do 1/2" tk but it might be a good option. He might be able to cut the mounting holes since it's so much easier to work with.
I like this idea, I would buy one.
-J

meaning keep the crap out of the thread. And stay on topic here. :)
(don't get your panties in a bunch., lets have a good thread)
And i thought you couldnt get anymore stupid. It is on topic. Now dont get your pole smoker cramped now lets have a good thread

contour2gp please stay out of my thread. I know I already have you ignored, but I'm sick of looking at all the quotes from your stupidity.

Is there any reason to go with phenolic material other then its easy to work with.

Back