• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

St220 intake Manifold installation

Yeah thats what I was asking, just poor wording.

I don't mind grinding the plate a little to make it fit, I'll try it out this weekend.

I think he is picturing room under the spacer for the injector flange. But, I figure since you said it was a problem that means that it was catching on the edge and not sitting straight.

The shop said that they could make the adjustment. I will let you know when I am shipping out the new sets. Hopefully it does not take as long as it did the first time.

Thanks for working on getting this straightened out! I'm positive with the grooves being opened up the o-rings will fit nicer and sit lower. Then as long as the fuel rail flanges clear we should be sitting really good!

I stopped by the shop last night, They said they would be able to get the modifications done on Monday or Tuesday. I am learning to give a large lead time with this place.
I will post up a notice when I get them back. I will then send out replacements to those that already have a set.

Thanks for the update! My UIM should be here any day now, but I'll probably be sending it off to extrudehone :D.

I gave up on the UK guy... as he was taking forever and was flakey (his engine was on ebay, but agreed to sell the UIM on the side). So I paid way too much for one from a guy in Germany. :(

I put mine on today. Thanks a lot, having an addapter saved me a lot of headaches.

I didn't have to grind the plate for the fuel rail bolts. And the gaskets and grooves work perfectly.

I'l post up some pics later when I have my camera.

Just want to give you guys a heads up, you might run issues overtime with the rear runners leaking with a gasket setup like that since the way the rear runners get clamped down to the UIM on the st220...

IMO it would be better to use 1 piece gaskets much like the stock setup

Just want to give you guys a heads up, you might run issues overtime with the rear runners leaking with a gasket setup like that since the way the rear runners get clamped down to the UIM on the st220...

IMO it would be better to use 1 piece gaskets much like the stock setup

I'm not convinced a 1 piece gasket would be any better. The grooves holding the gaskets along with the weight of the ST220/Mondeo 3.0L intake should be enough to seal the runners with the clamping loads on the ends.

Good news I got the updated parts back from the shop. The gaskets fit much better. They still go in a little tight, but I think that will hold them better.
Here are some pics.

ha-intk-2003-closeup..jpg

ha-intk-2003..jpg

I was reading the description in your store it says it works on 02/03 LIMs. But I currently have it one my 04/05 LIM and it works just fine as well. Just thought you would like to know.

Back