• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing Akron, Ohio May 19-22, 2011

I will be booking my hotel room this friday, and will register the following weekend, just don't have the funds for it right now. 2 other people are going with me.

Wow got the carout of the garage today to cleanup and all I have to say my is far from being show worthy Never knew I had got that many rock chips from last year But I'll be there cause of what it Just don't walk by it and say look at that ugly car Hahahaha

How much bill, I'm planning on bein there Saturday what day u showin up?
Looking for $100 for them. I am only going to stay part of a day probably or spend a night. I am looking at showing up there on Thursday? I have to hit up a place either there or on the way back with specific hours and I would like to be at this place when they open for the best deals.

You guys left just in time! A lot of the area got golf ball size hail last night, a tornado touched down, and winds were up around 115mph :shocked:

Yikes. On Sunday we drove from Akron to Cincinnati to visit friends of Erin's. We called ahead to ask if I could park my car in their garage, which the agreed to. We got there at 4:00pm, and just after 5:00 there was a storm that dropped 2-inch hail.

Honestly, having to keep the car out in the elements for a four-day weekend is probably the most stressful part of SZ.

^^Holy crap!

I just figured up mine, it was about $28, and half of that was in OH.

Last edited:
I drove through a severe thunderstorm with blinding rain and very high winds near Champaign IL on the way home. According to the NWS there was also quarter size hail in it but I luckily missed that part.

My Ipass bill should also be around $30, it's the $175 ticket that I still have to pay that hurts. I'm only pissed because what I did is legal in WI.

ruh roh, what did you do?

Didn't I mention it to you over the weekend? I passed a couple cars when approaching a construction zone in Indiana on the way to Ohio. There were signs posted, but I didn't see them (and neither did Erin). I wasn't even speeding; it was a 45mph zone and I was probably around 45-47.

Didn't I mention it to you over the weekend? I passed a couple cars when approaching a construction zone in Indiana on the way to Ohio. There were signs posted, but I didn't see them (and neither did Erin). I wasn't even speeding; it was a 45mph zone and I was probably around 45-47.

No you didn't, that sucks!

Back