• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 2013: Chicagoland???

i so want to go now we have to make this happen i would be more then happy to help where i can to set this up even thought im in michigan alot of interest already and thats just what we need ^.^

i so want to go now we have to make this happen i would be more then happy to help where i can to set this up even thought im in michigan alot of interest already and thats just what we need ^.^

I think you need a new sub-title... period and comma. Holy run-on sentence comma no space. :laugh: ;)

Who is going to plan this shindig?

Last edited:
I can help plan but all depends on what and how much of a time frame. Again, i can help plan, NOT PLAN SOLELY all of it. I trully will not be able to say: "oh yeah, i got it, no problem, blah blah blah blah"

My main plan for this meet if it goes down is: show to the meet, that's like really more important, HAHAHAHAHA

Someone local to chi-town needs to grab the reins on this one. I'll help where I can. :cool:

Great thing about Chicago is that is works well for a family mini-vacation, museums, shopping etc. Also in fairly close proximity to WI and one of my favorites is the Volo Auto Museum--check it out

Ok.

Seriously, raise your hand if you are in Chicago and can perhaps at least do a thing or two to make this happen:
1. naujcdl, can perhaps help with hotel and places to eat accomodations, airport pickup (midway is WAY too far for me but o'hare is close as hell).

Ok.

Seriously, raise your hand if you are in Chicago and can perhaps at least do a thing or two to make this happen:
1. naujcdl, can perhaps help with hotel and places to eat accomodations, airport pickup (midway is WAY too far for me but o'hare is close as hell).

I can help with the stuff as Juan. But we need someone to pick up tracks/dyno stuff.

^^ Yes because i know NOONE with a good connection for tracks and dyno. I think i can find out from someone about one track but it is definitely not guaranteed...
Also next week when i get my alignment done on the SVT i can ask the shop if they have one or can help find one...per se...

I think a list of the key componenets would be helpful. Then people might be more willing to volunteer knowing what they would be getting into. Ill start, experienced SZ'ers add/delete as you see fit.

Hotel with banquet facilities. Group rate negotiation.
Banquet planning
Show and Shine location
Dyno / Track day
Someone to organize/track registration
Cruise route?

Seems to me as long as we hammer out a hotel with suitable parking lot for socializing and a Show/Shine location. The rest can pretty much fall into place.

Last edited:
I found this place for staying, what do y'all think?

old%20motel%20near%20st%20clair-500.jpg

^ that's perfect

You won't be able to see the blood and :censored:hit stains all over the parking lot :eek:

ROFL!

That was a funny pic i found when looking for "run down motels". hahahahaha, knowing a bunch of people will come from MI, WI and MN it is kinda imperative we arrange to have a hotel/s that is able to be reachable, easy to get to food and entertainment and also that is not horribly far from tracks/attractions, blah blah blah.

Last edited:
Back