• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 2013: Chicagoland???

D.Acker

Owner/LUCA’s *****
Admin
Anyone up for planning SZ2013 in our backyard? The idea was kicked around at SZL a bit. Thought I'd post here and see if anyone was interested in putting it together. If so, we should start planning now!

And no, I'm not offering to plan, I'm not familiar enough with tracks\dyno shops etc in the area, sad isn't it? With that being said, I'm willing to help out where I can.

I've been wanting to check out autobahn cc, timing might not be right for me though. Imnotacop JR will be about 8 months old then, if something happens with the car I dont want to have to worry about getting him home safely.

There is alot to offer here for sure, huge car culture, things to do, places to go and like mentioned, Autobahn, great place but a little hard to find when going there the first time, its out in the middle of nowhere but once there, great facility! There's also route 66 itself, so if someone ever wanted to say they've been on route 66 you'd be able to do that, just outside of Joliet is what I consider the real route 66, there's old things to see along the way, very cool, like this for instance:

img1282503815738.jpg

img1282503816552.jpg

img1282503815428.jpg

Sorry for using my old Fit for the pics but they show some of the cooll stuff out on route 66 just outside of Jolet, the "Rocket Man" is in Wilmington Illinois and there's another guy holding a hot dog in Atlanta Illinois too, can't seem to find that pic right now but you get the idea.

There are also a few relatively new Museums in Pontiac, IL, including a Route 66 museum. It is a little under an hour from Joliet along 66... er.. I-55

Back