• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

side markers A6's or BAT's

polackSVT

CEG'er
i have found an old post on the side markers, i wanna purchase a set, i wanna go with the ones from BAT (smoked ones) but a lot of ppl suggest to get the A6's . any other options left?

I got some from Summit and tinted them myself. I think they were ~$20.

100_0402.jpg

well I just installed the A6 ones myself ... I wired them to be half bright all the time and full bring with the turn signals ...

DSC03134.JPG

DSC03132.JPG

DSC03150.JPG

I have the A6's and the previous owner of the car tinted them. Love the way they look.

I need to figure out what Brapple did to get them working half bright as running lights, I've always wanted that :laugh:

csvtclean1.jpg

Only pic I could find, and somehow they look round in that picture :shrug:

Screaming for a Mirko ;)

why I followed the how to for the A6 side marker install ...
Oh I thought it only explained just how to get turn signals working. Thanks, I need to learn more about electrical anyways, I have no clue when it comes to this stuff :rolleyes:

Oh I thought it only explained just how to get turn signals working. Thanks, I need to learn more about electrical anyways, I have no clue when it comes to this stuff :rolleyes:

it really isn't to dificult, the light will have two wires so you need to leads for the light. One will be for a ground and one will be for power. as the little diagram showed in the how to you need to add a diode and a resistor on the power feed, I did this with in 1 ft of the headlight so only two wires run to the light. the one leg will have a ressitor connected to the constant power and the diode goes on the other leg to power the turn signal. since both the constant 12v and the turn signal are on the same wire that is where the diode comes into play, it prevents the constant 12v power from going back into the turnsignal circuit. it also let the power through one way so that the signal goes full bright when the turn signal is turned on. just get the listed items and wire it up and your good to go

Can either of those be purchased at AZ/Oreilly's/Pep boys?

I like to actually look at them first before I buy them.

which ones?

the A6 ones come from Audi ...

the Bat ones come from BAT ...

and the other set pictured came from summit ....

:shrug:

those placed would have some other type, like APC ones ...

Any of them really. I just want to get rid of the cheapo side markers I have now. I may have to order them through the mail but if I can find them in a local shop, I want to.

Any of them really. I just want to get rid of the cheapo side markers I have now. I may have to order them through the mail but if I can find them in a local shop, I want to.

well chances are you will only find cheap ones if you look locally at any of the stores you listed ... if you want the audi ones or the bat one go to Audi or Bat and order them

I liked the smoked ones and didn't want to buy another can of niteshade just for that. Check ebay... a store frequently sells smoked A6 sidemarkers (without bulb and bulb socket). This part replaces the "turn signal reflector" in the howto.

I liked the smoked ones and didn't want to buy another can of niteshade just for that. Check ebay... a store frequently sells smoked A6 sidemarkers (without bulb and bulb socket). This part replaces the "turn signal reflector" in the howto.

Testors model spray tint. $6 at any hobby shop and lasts just as long. Thats what I used on my sidemarkers and taillights.

Does anyone know off the top of their head what the dimensions are of the hole that the emblems/sidemarkers go into?

I may be doing this mod but I dont want to risk popping off my emblem untill I do it.

Last edited:
Brian, is the marker going to be sealed from the elements such as condensation or water leaking in? That has been the case for many sidemarkers I have seen..

Does anyone know off the top of their head what the dimensions are of the hole that the emblems/sidemarkers go into?

I may be doing this mod but I dont want to risk popping off my emblem untill I do it.

your going to have to open it up alittle no matter what I feel, the Audi ones I got where used but just didn't fit my car so I had to open up the hole just alittle bit so the sidemarker would fit ... nothign it going to be plug and play ...

Brian, is the marker going to be sealed from the elements such as condensation or water leaking in? That has been the case for many sidemarkers I have seen..

the audi ones are one peice so nothing should get in from the outside ... the bulb holder is rubber and is pressed very firmly into the side marker so I don't think that will be an issue, otherwise I am sire that alittle silcon to seal it will work and not make it to hard to get the holder out to change the light ...

the audi ones are one peice so nothing should get in from the outside ... the bulb holder is rubber and is pressed very firmly into the side marker so I don't think that will be an issue, otherwise I am sire that alittle silcon to seal it will work and not make it to hard to get the holder out to change the light ...

I really want to do this but I have no knowledge of installing it, go figure huh with all the HID stuff I know and do. lol

I really want to do this but I have no knowledge of installing it, go figure huh with all the HID stuff I know and do. lol

I can help if you want ... I have just about everything I need to do it at my apartment even ... let me know as it isn't bad to do at all

Back