• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

side markers A6's or BAT's

I can help if you want ... I have just about everything I need to do it at my apartment even ... let me know as it isn't bad to do at all

well first I'll try to get my hands on A6 markers first and then maybe when we meet up at a neceg meet or somthing then we can put them on..

They look like 194 bulbs. I'm still waiting on my light sockets so I don't know for sure. Someone what to chime in?

Yeah, ze bulbs are 194s in that pic. You can go to Wal-mart and get whatever color you want! Even purple if you feel so inclined...haha.

A quick note to those who are wanting to do this. You WILL most likely need to widen the hole in the fender just a tad to get everything through. I used a dremel with a stone grinding bit... I was careless and didn't use two hands so when I pulled the bit out, it ran up the side of my fender and put a nice scratch in the paint. To make matters worse...the exact same thing happened on the other side, but that time I was using two hands. SO...just be careful. I need a new paint job...anyone feel generous enough to donate some moola?

Question:

Question:

Just to clarify, you don't have to use a BAT or an A6 side marker do you ? Couldn't i use whichever style side marker i wanted, as long as it has a flat backing, and not curved ?

for example:
81839796.JPG

or for that industrial look: ;)
fe32_1_sbl.JPG

Last edited:
Correct, you can use whatever sidemarker that you wanna use, you just have to make it fit. That is prolly why the A6 marker is chosen. It only requires about 5 minutes of filing/dremeling to make it fit. Looking at that other VW sidemarker, it looks like it would work, but obviously you would need to cut those clips off. OR you would have to modify your fender to work with the clips...your choice. Where did you find those lights on the top? They look like they are sealed, which is good cuz you don't want condensation in the housing if you can avoid it...I can't...cuz I have a "rigged" up socket. Anyways...to answer your question. Yes, as long as it fits through the hole and it is flat, then it will work. Good luck sir.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response... i have just been searching ebay for some deecent side markers. at first i wanted the triangle shaped focus side-markers, but the more i look at them, i don't think they'd look good on the contour.

Yeah, I think the A6 markers look good on the contour. They are subtle and seem to go with the rest of the car. I dunno...I would have to see the top one's on a car first to pass judgment. You said they are from a focus? Interesting... I may try them out. It would be nice to be a lil different than everyone else ya know?

Thanks for the quick response... i have just been searching ebay for some deecent side markers. at first i wanted the triangle shaped focus side-markers, but the more i look at them, i don't think they'd look good on the contour.

I think they look decent....

Attachments

• CSVT1.jpg
    CSVT1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Just like the rest of the sidemarker lights that I have found, it looks like you will have to do a bit of sanding and cutting to make the Focus side marker fit.

I think ill be getting some clear cougar side markers once i get my overheating and syncro problems fixed

If you are thinking of the 99-02 Cougar sidemarkers, they won't work. There is an oval stamped into the fenders that make the sidemarkers sit into the fenders, not on top of the metal...

Back