• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sean's CSVT #5906 Build Thread !

Slaps some plates on it any go around the block! First couple times in the 3L Cougar were either without plates or "borrowed" the plates from my 2.5 ATX. Of course I guess it's a little different here... I took it down the back roads behind my house where I'm not even sure I've seen a cop in my 15 years of living here. lol

Slaps some plates on it any go around the block! First couple times in the 3L Cougar were either without plates or "borrowed" the plates from my 2.5 ATX. Of course I guess it's a little different here... I took it down the back roads behind my house where I'm not even sure I've seen a cop in my 15 years of living here. lol

yeah haha. i have some sidestreets i can go down but since my area is right off that main road, cops could be around. and with my car as loud as it is, im not flying under any radar lol. Im just excited to basically be done!!

first daylight shes seen since last year......no bags needed here!

IMG00028-20110910-1910.jpg

Ill upload pics tomorrow, but its almost road worthy now!

- Installed hood struts, AMAZING! Wrapped in CF vinyl for a little touch. Id recommend these for all!

- Got my Pre98 lid lined up a bit better, but still isnt perfect. Needs some more adjustment but thats no problem..

- Got my tinted tails back last night, came out perfect and the exact shade I wanted (not fully blacked out, but a dark smoke) and they still light up very good unlike niteshades

- Wired in new licenseplate lights but bulbs didnt work, testlight shows theres power at the metal bracket/terminals so new bulbs tomorrow! Possibly LEDS..

- Fixed my driver doorlock, door opens and closes now with no issues and locks! woohoo haha...so my driver custom doorpanel is back on now which makes the interior looks alot better. Now I just need to source an aftermarket ebrake handle somewhere, and get a radio/deck.

So basically tomorrows job- install the license plate lights, and add more ford honey tranny fluid until shes full. THEN I just need to slap insurance on her, get an etest and my sticker and then shes on the road! Theres a few little things that I need to have done but nothing to prevent me from driving it.

-

Ok so I know its been awhile but ive been in rushmode to get the car done before this Sunday, which is the final local carshow for 2011. Sooo with that being said, heres a short rundown of my last week or so. Got the trunk back from the bodyshop, installed it and realized the trunk arms had been bent over winter as the passenger side didnt sit flush so I messed with that for a day before just bending them back lol.

Then I made a trip to the wreckers and got some licenseplate lenses, a driver door mechanism and a few little misc. parts. My driver door was opening and closing but wouldnt lock, and it was totally facked on the inside of the actuator. Ripped my door apart and swapped that, and she locks now!

Got my tinted tails back, installed them...and they turned out to be exactly what i wanted! Not fully black, and great light output.

So i got everything done and then found the coolant issue, where my hoses were soft and werent wanting to bleed. Kept the cap on the reservoir and let her run for 20-30 minutes outside my house (hey, i gotta burn off 375 day old gas!) and that also helped the ECU as it hasnt stalled once! So yeah, that seemed to work as I testdrove it all over tonight, and the temp guage stayed put and she ran great. For now, heres a few cellphone shots, the first of its new look for 2011!

tinted tails, pre98 lid w/lip, noyzboyz catback 4" tips (lights were on, the tails are all the same shade when off)

IMG00074-20110922-1744.jpg

side profile, going to lower the rear probably half inch and the front a bit as well tomorrow....18" black enkei gf-1s, d2 coilovers, black bullitt fuel door, etc. Not digging the rake so Im going to level it out like I had it last year!

IMG00076-20110922-1801.jpg

some front end love, with a bit of the interior showing as well! Sparcos, full black interior

IMG00075-20110922-1757.jpg

then it was time for a bath, her first in over a year! flat ground, static drop on D2 coils.

IMG00082-20110922-1914.jpg

muuuusssttt.......ggoooo........looooweeerrrr!!!!!! but mirko was on the ground and stopped me :(

IMG00081-20110922-1904.jpg

Thats all for now, will have better digicam pics this weekend!

Wow. Your side shot, I'm much lower than you lol :p

For now, lol. I'm on 18s though, so remember you won't be as low with bigger wheels unless you don't care about rubbing! I'm going to lower it as much as I can on these before I rub so I can track it as well as DD.

been awhile, but in the process of moving houses and stuff has kept me busy lol. Heres a few new pics...with an epic photoshoot coming soon!

296009_10150828706660724_655925723_21090850_88537884_n.jpg

301080_10150321902753137_501763136_8048356_797295051_n.jpg

beautiful car...love the black on black ..you put alot of work into it...you ever want to let it go, let me know ill take it off your hands :drool::drool:

beautiful car...love the black on black ..you put alot of work into it...you ever want to let it go, let me know ill take it off your hands :drool::drool:

PM'd.

If you are Danny who was texting me yesterday, send me another text! My phone got wiped last night. Thanks!

Back