• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pic request slammed svt's with mirko

The sound of the skidplate makes it worth it! Not to mention how badass it looks to everyone else haha. My lips stilllll looking good after taking a tonn of smashing, I've hit some insane potholes/bumps where I clenched the wheel thinking HOLY H3LL that's it for the mirko and boom, still good :p

DO IT SAM! And I have no skidplate :p

533117_363337987048222_1950453995_n.jpg

lol only when I feel like it hahahah

Lol so hardly ever except at shows haha :p ...but really, I honestly think the skidplate works wonders. Its the best and worst thing for it ..I mean, with the amount of times I've smashed the lip off the ground especially on the highway, without the skidplate I guarantee the lip wouldn't still look as good as it does, let alone still be "alive"in one piece on my bumper lol

My mirko also has spidercracking, but what can you do when you're slammed and banging it off the ground ..no amount of flex additive will help that

they should add flex additive to the paint, which should be somewhat forgiving. I would say it wasnt prepped properly

You mean a rattle can wont cut it :laugh: I can do some mean painting with a rattle can, cant add flex agent though.

Its not bad really at all, but bothers me.

I wonder how Duraflex holds up to a chemical stripper.

Anyone having their duraflex splitter flex and spider web the paint?

I imagine thats what the natural result is of any painted plastic, fibreglass, carbon fibre, etc material that flexes. The product itself will be fine, but the paint wont be so fortunate.

they should add flex additive to the paint, which should be somewhat forgiving. I would say it wasnt prepped properly

My mirko also has spidercracking, but what can you do when you're slammed and banging it off the ground ..no amount of flex additive will help that

This x100. As much as the bumper and Mirko flexes during every day driving, let alone bouncing off of speed bumps etc. The spider webbing is inevitable. Heck even stock bumpers without Mirko spiderweb.

Back