• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Owning a Keyed Car

i hated the high school parking lot. so many immature kids that don't respect another persons property. i had my ventshades smashed, food thrown at my windshield, paper shoved in my exhaust, metal shavings placed on my wipers so when i hit the wipers, i would ruin my windshield(luckily i found them before it happened). my car was by far the nicest out of all of the students, which meant :censored::censored::censored::censored: happened to my car more often. i ended up parking two blocks away for the rest of the year because no one in the office would do anything about my situation :nonono:

I'm just going to stop driving to school, and cover it whenever I have to. I don't care how ridiculous it looks, I'm covering the car.:nonono:

I'm just going to stop driving to school, and cover it whenever I have to. I don;t care how rediculous it looks, I'm covering the car.:nonono:

honestly that is going to draw more attention unless its in your driveway ....

I thought about putting a cover on my car at college but that would just scream come look/mess with me ....

absolutely it would.

"hey look at that covered car, I wonder what it is underneath, must be really awesome...a focus? WTF, lets trash it!"

You are relentless, huh? This is not the kind of thread to instigate with the OP in...

Brian, you make a VERY good point. I've actually decicded that I'm going to take the bus. I did it for 11 years, another 6 months can't hurt. It'll hurt a lot less than the key jobs.:nonono:

ignore list is a fun feature
;)

stupidkimmeh.jpg

Crap!

I came out of school one day (high school) to find 4 boot prints across the hood of the El Camino. they were ground into the paint thanks to a nice muddy parking lot. i knew who did it, he admitted it but the school wouldnt do anything about it and the cops didnt care.
it all happened when the paint was a mirror.

I know the feeling. Someone keyed my roof in March for no reason. Still don't know who it was or why they did it.

Ig List, check:cool:

To all those commiserating with me, doesn't this suck? Alot?:blackeye:

I was hoping to show the car this summer, too.

Last edited:
Back