• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

official pre98 only thread

it looks the same yet some how different :laugh:
10023292oe7.jpg
What exactly does this picture of my car have to do with yours???

Here is my 1996 that I am working on. It's the same picture from my build thread, but its the newest one too. Long way to go but its coming along.

Louie
Project_SeVT_261.jpg

You know what makes it look good, the pinstripe. I think you should go flat black with the same white/silver pinstripe :drool:.

That picture is great, who took it?

I am trying to think of what to set off the satin black (not Flat) too. Pinstripe, racing strips, chrome rims, Gunmetal?? Satin black body with glossy strips?? Ghost racing stripes or pinstripes in flat over the satin black! Maybe silver rims, silver pinstripe, silver bumper mesh with satin black??

I took the photo.(thanks) AND that's me driving.....

not sure if i ever posted pics in this thread before. i know for sure that i did not post pics of my 96.

my 97:
DSCF8906.jpg

1027081645.jpg

1028081405.jpg

when i got it with the smashed trunk it now has post 98 trunk and taillights and sail panels

my 96:
DSCF9447.jpg

DSCF9446.jpg

DSCF9453.jpg

the cleanest trunk i have ever had in one of my cars and only a hundred bucks for the car.

nothing special of course but i am just trying to get one of them running so i have something to drive again...

I probably sound like a tard, but are those body kits just SVT front, rear bumper covers and side sills? If so, how hard are they to install on a 95 lx? I'd like my car to look like that!

The short answer is a 2/3 yes. The rear bumper cover and the sideskirts would work (might need some clips for the skirts on an LX, not sure) but the front bumper isn't a direct swap. You either have to mold the bottom of an SVT front to the top of the pre-98 front, or find one already done, neither of which is terribly simple. I do agree with you though, it looks great. Personally, I'd love a pre-98 SE with an SVT kit all in moonlight blue with a 3L.

The short answer is a 2/3 yes. The rear bumper cover and the sideskirts would work (might need some clips for the skirts on an LX, not sure) but the front bumper isn't a direct swap. You either have to mold the bottom of an SVT front to the top of the pre-98 front, or find one already done, neither of which is terribly simple. I do agree with you though, it looks great. Personally, I'd love a pre-98 SE with an SVT kit all in moonlight blue with a 3L.
x eleventy trizillion:drool::drool::drool::drool: :ponder:with a turbo

Back