• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

official pre98 only thread

'96 Zetec Sport ATX, granny tan. I bought this car a little over a year ago with the intention of running it in the BABE Rally. I knew it had a leaky head gasket when I bought it, but thought it would limp through. The weekend before the rally the gasket blew completely. A year later, I finally get around to fixing her. I have a ridiculously low amount invested in this car. Now to see how it holds up on a 1200 mile round-trip!

Sorry about the crappy pics. So far these are all I have. I have a set of bronze Rota Sub Zeros that may find their way on her, if they don't wind up on the T-Red SVT.

Then there's my POS '96 GL that was my original BABE Rally car, but just had too many things wrong with it. Bad wiring harness, blown head gasket, possible tranny issues, the list went on and on. Bought it for $200. Fixed the wiring harness (another $175), and misc. parts for the head repair. I currently have about $200 MORE in this car than the tan one. This one has never started since I've owned it. I'm getting really close now though. It's ALMOST there!

And finally there's my '95 V6 that I bought for parts and the super-awesome big bolstered leather seats! This car got sandwiched. It'll never see the road again, except to be towed to the crusher.

Why is your lawn trying to eat your poor Contour :help:
Not my lawn. That was the house where the car had been parked for probably a year or better. There was a HUGE pile of dirt and dead pine needles completely burying both wheels. Rear brake was locked up because of it. We cleared what we could, but the locked wheel drug debris for a full car length before it finally popped free.

101_0710.jpg

101_0712.jpg

101_0715.jpg

101_0716.jpg

101_0718.jpg

101_0719.jpg

101_0721.jpg

101_0722.jpg

101_0723.jpg

101_0724.jpg

Chicken wire adds 45 hp!

This one I bought and cut apart for fun :rolleyes:
1995 Contour 4cyl GL MTX Champaigne/Atlantis Blue
newpics089.jpg

newpics090.jpg

If you're letting go of any extra parts (SE skirts or anything that's better than GL), please let me know:cool:
pm tony,i sold mine to him months ago,they've been sitting at andys in springfield for awhile now. maybe he doesnt want them:shrug: i'll have some e1's,pre98se lid up for sale this winter,i have some svt calipar brackets i've been thinking of parting with,and possibly some 95 se tan leather seats this winter too

Thread needs another car, too bad it's this one. :crazy:

1996 Mercury Mystique 2.0L Zetec ATX 67,000 miles, paid $350. I've put around 20,000 miles on it, in the past 2 years.

100_7628.jpg

100_7214Small.jpg

When it tried to get flooded... Luckily, I noticed the water was rising, and moved it. Water would have been to the top of the wheel wells.

DSCI0220Medium.jpg

It's gotten a lot dirtier since these pictures, and my daughter has done a number on the carpet. Needs to be replaced, and there are several problems with it. Going to swap the engine and tranny soon.

...It's clean... ...I like it the way it is.... almost "pure"

Would those kind words apply to my car?

Contour.JPG

The whole thing is stock.

95' GL Zetec 102,000, ATX

Haven't had many mechanical issues yet... The MAF went out a while back.. That's about it, other than the recalled items, like the wiring harness. Which has all been fixed.

I am the 2nd owner, The original owner bought it twice, She loved the car and her husband traded it while she was at work on a mustang, She demanded he go back and buy her car back. So he did. She did hit a deer with it, but she had it all fixed, thats why the chrome strip is missing on the front bumper.

The interior is the blue color, Spotless. I will take more pics after I clean it up, its been rainy and its just nasty right this second.

The only thing I can think of other than maintenance that's "wrong" with it is the trunk struts are shot, and the rear brakes, and the dash facer panel, The a/c vents are broken and it has a crack in it on the top, I dont know why It just showed up one day. Cant think of anything else.

I need to have the ATX flushed, new timing belt etc.. and probably the power steering and brake fluid changed/flushed.. It has never been done to my knowledge.

That Picture was March of 2006, Right after I waxed it, but it still looks the same.

Although I think its a rare thing to have a totally stock GL this old, in this good of condition, I would like to do some things to it like, Hood Struts, new wheels, and I wonder how much it would cost to get the seats covered in leather?

I also like the mesh grill's.. But I wonder do they rust? I dont want to create work.

I'll post more later.

Back