• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

official pre98 only thread

Yes they would ;) - coral blue and white makes me want to be on the beach for some reason :shrug:

Contour.JPG

Nice car... looks like a stocker alright ;)

From the tag on the front of the car when that pic was taken I'd say you're not far from me. I work a few miles down the road from that dealership actually.

Maybe I'll see you around here sometime :cool:

Shannon

Yes they would ;) - coral blue and white makes me want to be on the beach for some reason :shrug:
I've always thought the same thing about the teal clearcoat metallic and the coral mist clearcoat metallic cars:shrug:

Nice car... looks like a stocker alright ;)

From the tag on the front of the car when that pic was taken I'd say you're not far from me. I work a few miles down the road from that dealership actually.

Maybe I'll see you around here sometime :cool:

Shannon

Yes, I dont like them much, I haven't been there since they changed hands ( i forgot the name..) Actually, the car still has the Rob Dyer emblem on the back, It has the Garrett Dyer tag because the original owner's husband traded and bought it back...

I hate to advertise for them but I haven't found anything else that looks good, Not saying that looks good, but its better than nothing. I wish the whole thing wasn't there.. But I cant take it off because the holes in the bumper.

I found the pics of your SVT..

edit: I had the photo here but I forgot this is for pre-98's..

It looks SWEET! I live about 20 min from that dealer, so maybe I will spot your 'tour around town...

I'll post more pic's as soon as it stops raining and I get a chance to wash & polish.

Yes, I dont like them much, I haven't been there since they changed hands ( i forgot the name..) Actually, the car still has the Rob Dyer emblem on the back, It has the Garrett Dyer tag because the original owner's husband traded and bought it back...

It's Terry Moore Ford now... and for the record I never cared much for that dealership in years past, much less right now lol. Probably a good reason I bought the Cobra from Martin Family (now Crossroads in Morganton)... of course they were the only close SVT dealership that I would even talk to ;)

I found the pics of your SVT.. It looks SWEET! I live about 20 min from that dealer, so maybe I will spot your 'tour around town...

Meh... it is what it is more or less. It looks good in pics but it is in need of some TLC honestly. The front bumper looks like someone used it for a snowplow at one time (even at stock ride height), the headlights are hazy with the passengerside leaking, it's got some very slight surface rust back underneath the trunk floor (nothing bad mind you), and a few other things too. I've actually fixed several things wrong with it since I bought it and it honestly does make a nice car for daily commutes and is a great addition to the Cobra Convertible I have. I need to finish putting the Slobra back together and then after that I have intentions of doing a few mods to the Contour too :laugh:

Send me a PM sometime and perhaps we can meet up somewhere in town if you'd like to see my whip ;)

Shannon

l_4f7eca73cb404c2fa961719eaaebed72.jpg

My baby, 95 v6 5 spd. CAI, SVT rims, foglight mod, otherwise bone stock. Which i'm hoping to change :drool:

Some pics of my SE from several years ago.

One of the Calendar photos, forget which year.
DSC_0020.jpg

At Fort Wayne Indiana for SZ05
rearshotSZ05.jpg

Still is this clean, the only good looking part of the car right now
CIMG2892.jpg

SZ06
Submission1.jpg

Back before I returned my engine to stock - the CAI
Enginebay002.jpg

Final shot of the engine
newpics036.jpg

I still want to fix her. I have my brother's giant train set in my garage preventing me from doing the work I need to do to it. Can't exactly drop a subframe outside when your neighbors call the cops for it merely sitting in the street. :nonono:

She will be fixed, the question is when. She needs a new front bumper, hood, passenger heated mirror, tires all around, suspension all around, and some minor engine work outside of dropping the subframe to get to it.

Zenboy pretty much summed it up for me - why get rid of your first car? Also if anybody has pics of my car with the FSVT wheels on I'd really like to see them again. I don't have my archives handy at the moment.

it looks the same yet some how different :laugh:
10023292oe7.jpg

BILD0002.jpg

as it seems I never put any pics in this thread here we go one for sun one for snow
BILD0055.jpg

Updated my first post ;).

Keep it up guys, glad to see we still have new members that are buying the early ones.

Back