• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Nobody is safe from layoffs

John, that sucks. If I come across anything, I'll let you know.

How is your 3d animation work? Ever considered working for a gaming company?

John, that sucks. If I come across anything, I'll let you know.

How is your 3d animation work? Ever considered working for a gaming company?

3D work is rusty & non existent. I'm familiar with the interfaces but haven't touched it, man, 5+ years. I'm a fast learner when thrown into the fire though.

I do have a copy of Maya 8 and a Foundations book I've been meaning to get back into. Guess now I have the time. And yes, the gaming scene is getting strong in Mass. I've been keeping up.

Wow guys! I'm really sorry to hear about your jobs. :(

It's never ending with the job cuts everywhere. It seems every single day I hear about another business/company cutting jobs.

My job is safe so far, but who knows what will change from one day to the next. The town has cut only 8 jobs so far, but will not be filling vacancies for 20+ jobs. My department is down 1 1/2 positions (only 11 of us now).

3D work is rusty & non existent. I'm familiar with the interfaces but haven't touched it, man, 5+ years. I'm a fast learner when thrown into the fire though.

I do have a copy of Maya 8 and a Foundations book I've been meaning to get back into. Guess now I have the time. And yes, the gaming scene is getting strong in Mass. I've been keeping up.

Definitely shake the rust off. Between Harmonix in Cambridge and 2K Games in Quincy, you've got a couple of great opportunities. Check 'em out!

Good luck. Hopefully you get some compensation.

Many people just get shown the door. We didn't even get an extra 2 weeks or anything. One guy had been there 10 years.

Geez....

Geez....

I'm sorry to hear about everyone's misfortune!! That being said, if anyone wants to check out this website:

www.usajobs.com

And check out the jobs under Westover Field here in Chicopee...we're actually hiring right now. I just turned in my application for an Active Reserve Technician here (you have to be in the Reserves to qualify, and the submission package for my rating was 20+ pages long!) and hope to be "rated" by the end of next month. Whether I stay on orders or not, the fact that people left the Military in droves bodes well for those of us here...either fortunately or unfortunately. I say unfortunately, because there are many men and women who will now be deployed to Afganistan shortly who will be in harms way...nothing "happy" about that. We were told we may go to mandatory 12 hour shifts 5 days a week, which would be great if I'm an ART- time and a half would be greatly appreciated right now!

Back