• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Nobody is safe from layoffs

I was there a little bit over a year. So, it does feel like yesterday.

But, the company was starting to fall apart, and I was getting ready to start looking anyway. Would have been nice to look while I had income, but, so be it.

I was there a little bit over a year. So, it does feel like yesterday.

But, the company was starting to fall apart, and I was getting ready to start looking anyway. Would have been nice to look while I had income, but, so be it.

Collect unemployment. You've been paying for it through state taxes anyway so now it's time to get some payback. During my layoff scare I did some research on unemployment. You basically get 50% of your base pay (up to a max of 650 a week).

Collect unemployment. You've been paying for it through state taxes anyway so now it's time to get some payback. During my layoff scare I did some research on unemployment. You basically get 50% of your base pay (up to a max of 650 a week).

I'm pretty sure I'll hit the max for unemployment as it is. But, that process starts today.

that sucks!
sorry to hear meng.
if you want i can pay you to format my computer and re install windows!

well, i do need it wiped, its so friggin slow now and acts all sorts of funny. (its kinda like cobrawannabe on a good day)

and i still have to come over and fix your cable for you.

Dude I'm really sorry you lost your job. We were all told we have business and projects lined up for the next year, so the economy can't get to us yet.

well, i do need it wiped, its so friggin slow now and acts all sorts of funny. (its kinda like cobrawannabe on a good day)

and i still have to come over and fix your cable for you.

Hahah. We'll work it out. Let me see what's going on schedule wise, and I'll see when it works to get you formatted.

Bill, thanks for the kind words. I was supposedly safe where I was, too. I was part of the only product line that still had legs as far as the company goes. I'm sure I'll land something quick. Fortunately, my network has expanded greatly in the last year.

Man that sucks. I'm guessing since you were there for such a short period of time you didn't get any severance pay or anything?

Best of luck to you. I'm not quitting my job at Big Y until I definitely land an engineering job this year! :shocked:

Kim,

The closest thing to describe what I do would be a Microsoft Windows Systems Administrator. :) If there's anything up there, I'd definitely be interested!

speaking of layoffs, my company Wyeth just got bought by Pfizer so layoffs will be happening globally for both companies..sucks but it is what it is and im hopeful and pray I keep my job

another person in my group was let go this afternoon.
I think I'm safe, for this round. knock on wood.

bishop, if I hear any leads I'll let you know.

Thanks, Matt!

I have a good lead right now, and a call on Monday afternoon to discuss with an HR rep from said company. They'd offered me a position in 2007, but I had already committed to Anacomp shortly before they'd tendered the offer. Here's hoping they still like me. :)

I got the axe today along with 3 other designers. One of whom is a single mother of 2 who's been battling M.S.
that sucks

i talked to my mother yesterday and her company, a rather large air freight company, just laid off 10% of the company and gave the rest of the company a 5% pay cut.
i guess its kind of good that she didnt get laid of, but still stinks

wow, that's horrible.

The economy is going to continue to spiral down from the effects of so many people losing work this month.

Back