• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New CSVT with 3L Swap

Sneezer

CEG'er
Whats up guys. I bought this car Friday being told it had a 3L swap but i dont know what combination. It does feel a lot more torquey(spelling?) than my old 2.5 '98 csvt but i dont know what to look for to confirm it does have a 3L. Its got the 2.5 LIM and UIM so it would be a hybrid if its swapped. Can anyone tell me what to look for to confirm this? Also, the car is def running super rich, I've seen SCT being thrown around other forums to tune but not sure what is the best route to go to lean it out after I confirm what motor it has.

Also, def going to need a trans rebuild as 3rd gear sychro is going out......but I paid less than $1000 for it running and driving in pretty decent shape. Any help and pointers would be appreciated, Thanks!

looks like you are from around the same area that i boght it from. If you get time and are willing, PM me with what you know about it i'd love to get some background on it. Thanks

Best money spent on a 3L will be to have the car professionally tuned...whether its on the dyno (which IMO is just a baseline), or having datalogs and having the car tuned to real world driving conditions and the way YOU drive the car.

Realworld tuning is still the best. The dyno just gets you in the ballpark so its safe to drive to finalize the tune in the real world or on the track.

But if you like wasting fuel...you can drive these 3L swaps untuned...they are just pig fat (rich as hell).

yep, if its sits in my garage idling for longer than 5 minutes my house reaks of raw fuel HA! Have any recomendations of tuners with csvt 3L swap data log tuning experience? Thats def my planned route, as dyno time imo is like you said, a baseline.

yep, if its sits in my garage idling for longer than 5 minutes my house reaks of raw fuel HA!

which PCM do you have in the car ? look up from the footwell in the car and read the 4 digit code.

what color injectors do you have ? should be able to see thru the UIM.

this info. will help the guys help you ..... G.

You could also invest in a Apexi safc and wide band air/fuel gauge to help lean the car out. That's what I am going to be using on my current ported 3l project.

looks like lime green injectors and the only #'s i could see on the ecu were CJ7 at the opening where a chip would go. the tape over it had been remoced(possibly chipped at one time) does that # help?

You could also invest in a Apexi safc and wide band air/fuel gauge to help lean the car out. That's what I am going to be using on my current ported 3l project.

I could for sure.. but SAFC tuners i dont believe are on the same level as the SCT xcal.. i dont think you can do near as much on it vs the xcal

You can PM me any time buddy. The car at one time did have a jet chip in it before I put the 3l in for the guy who had it before. a lot of things on that car are not right. The guy I built the engine for tried to cut every single corner imaginable. And he did not want to pay a damn thing for anything. The swap was done in his garage so the stuff that was done when I was not there was just ridiculous. Well anyway obviously my name is John so feel free to pm me any time.

looks like lime green injectors and the only #'s i could see on the ecu were CJ7 at the opening where a chip would go. the tape over it had been remoced(possibly chipped at one time) does that # help?
lime green should be 19lb non return (one fuel line going under throttle body).
code on the PCM should be something like SFG0 There should be another sticker at the top, where the big rectangular plug goes. Not sure if you can see it without taking the PCM out.
unbolt plug from top (under PS resevoir)
remove L bracket under PCM in footwell
slide pcm down and out of its seal ....G.

Hey that's my old car... John it was a much sweeter super chips not jet chip lol just to be clear I wasn't the dork that cut corners I just blew it up lol

Back