• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New 3.5L V6 Swap

I don't even get why he would do it? There's so much :censored::censored::censored::censored: to swap ouch between the two cars. I can't even see it being REMOTELY worth it. Might as well try and swap in a small V8 instead. I don't get it.

I have seen a TH COP motor. it runs very well and works just like the car orginally came with COps instead of the coil pack and wires.I also have seen the COP harnesses made by BuckeyeSVT (Dom) and they also work. just my 2 cents

i know he's done one or two COP 3L's but still haven't seen it with my own eyes, or actually, even any pictures

Here's mine:

COPengine.jpg

I decided to convert to COP to fit an '05 Escape manifold on my engine, but it turns out I bought some bad coils, so I had to revert back to the coil pack for now.

I saw the video Dom made when he figured out the COP harness. He had a GB going on FCO but I think the interest in it is gone. I sent him a PM several months ago but never heard back from him about it.

Yeah... after sending him a couple pm's about the COP harness, I finally posted in a thread that I wanted it. We discussed it and I paid him. This was about 4 months ago. I've since heard that other people have had to wait a long time before receiving theirs, so I'm not worried. I also didn't end up getting a 3L, but I still want the harness incase I do go 3L in the future.

Thanks I found two threads, which I'll post in case anyone else new to the forums asks...

Looks like the easier way to go is the 3L if I just want to buy the car and swap in a bit more power for a daily driver.

http://contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=23075

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=30769&highlight=3.5&page=4

Thanks...
I know that not a lot of people will see this, been contemplating what is important. I bet I can put a bigger engine in the SVTC than a 3 liter. Seriously the engine bay is right but it is possible. Silver bullet out

these cars already have a traction problem...a lighter engine with more power is making things worse...... cue 4 wheel/AWD debate...🤤 ..G.
I saw some interesting things about a jaguar xjs or something familiar having parts that might make it possible. The transfer case bolts right up the mtx-75.

Back