• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My 93 RX7-LS1 Build Thread

If you're going to keep the stock look, you should get the 99-spec front lip and FEED side skirts. I believe Shineauto makes repro's of them for a much cheaper price. They have a pretty solid rep over on RX7club.com.

OMG! I was just reading up about these swaps last couple of weeks. I actually have been looking at rx7 shell prices.

So glad you started this thread. :D Whats the headroom like in one of those? I'm 6'2" and coupes usually hate me.

Do a price tally too please.

OMG! I was just reading up about these swaps last couple of weeks. I actually have been looking at rx7 shell prices.

So glad you started this thread. :D Whats the headroom like in one of those? I'm 6'2" and coupes usually hate me.

Do a price tally too please.

I cant say too much on the headroom, i only really sat in it 2 times. It was fine for me at 6'. As for price tally, here it is roughly for the big stuff

Bought to date:
Shell: $4100
LS1 pullout: $3250
Samberg mounting kit (LS1 subframe, Tranny mount, diff mount): $1500
Samberg Radiator kit: $850

Still need:
Hinson supercars driveshaft: $400
JTR headers: $800
custom made exhaust: $500??
ECU program (shut off VATS, skip shift, etc): $100+ any tuning

Optional stuff: stuff that you may or may not need to purchase

LSx harness mods: $400 (there are a couple guys that will take you LSx harness and prep it for plug and play)
AC lines: $400

so, depending on what you need to buy, what you can fab/do on your own, and what the condition of your shell is in, i would say at least $15k is a safe bet.

Very cool Jeff! Looks like a great project. Love the RX7s! Will defeintely be watching this thread.

You may want to check this guy for a tune. http://www.wait4meperformance.com/ I think he sells the whole computer with a tune for $160 and you get to keep your stock computer. My 6.0 is $320. It seems he is very popular in the LS community. Of course a dyno tune is the best but to get it running well this might be a good option.

You may want to check this guy for a tune. http://www.wait4meperformance.com/ I think he sells the whole computer with a tune for $160 and you get to keep your stock computer. My 6.0 is $320. It seems he is very popular in the LS community. Of course a dyno tune is the best but to get it running well this might be a good option.

I don't want to do any tuning. I just need the VATS turned off so it will run, as well as the secondary 02's and the skip shift in the t56. From what i have read the GTO tune is pretty good, and i dont want to mess around with tuning at all. stock all the way, it will be the most reliable that way.

He still might be the cheapest option for you then. I think he could do all that for you for that price. I can dig up his number from the Cadilliac website if you want me to from what I read that is the easiest way to get a hold of him. I have to do the skip shift removal on my car it is very annoying when it actually happens. I found a simple way to make a plug in one until I get a tune someday.

bringing this way way way back from the dead. this car is operational.

more info/ pictures available if anyone is interested. otherwise i will let the thread die.

Nice...I've been keeping a set of tour fans around for another project at some point, too. Those fans move way more air than most aftermarket ones and the built in shroud is nice. Free is nice, too.

Back