• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Business proposition?!!

The car is only 87.57 miles away from his lot.... to my garage.

Thats all I can say at this point. :laugh:

Jaybird

Why did he post pictures of the blue car when he specifically states that nothing from the blue car is included. Idiot.

Sorry I have two SVT's I need to unload and I don't want to tie any more money up at the moment. I have some interest though so if they sell shortly that could change.

Can someone email him and ask him what is really left on the car besides the motor? If indeed he has removed the bumpers and grill. Then I dont believe its worth it. Who knows if hes swapped the door panels aswell.

After rethinking this if its basically the shell and a motor with trans I would only give him like 300.

After shipping that thing it probably wouldn't be worth the hassle.

svt uim: $150
svt tb: $75
svt lim: $50
svt block/heads: $100
svt trans: $200-$300
axles: $50
timing cover: $40
valve covers: $50
roll restrictors: $50
trans mount: $25
passenger side mount: $50
svt radiator: $50
hood: $50-100 (locally)
engine wiring: $150
injectors: $30
maf: $25
precats: $30
exhaust: $50-100 (locally)
cluster: $30
doors: $100-$200 (locally)

total so far: $1,355-$1,555

If you pay $600 for it then it will be another $100 or so to ship it to someone locally after gas and possibly more for trailer rental. Then there is all the labor to tear into it. If you split it then you make a few hundred bux after a ton of labor. If it had the original wheels and interior it would make it much more appealing.

I like how the title is not in his name...Sounds shady to me... Ugh this is just what I need right now...I would swap all seats, probly door panels, SVT kit and take out the SVT engine goodies so I can swap them all onto my car... I will never find what I need. :cry::cry:

I like how the title is not in his name...Sounds shady to me... Ugh this is just what I need right now...I would swap all seats, probly door panels, SVT kit and take out the SVT engine goodies so I can swap them all onto my car... I will never find what I need. :cry::cry:

It was one of those things where he bought the car and never registered it in his name because he was never going to have it on the road. As long as noone signed in the buyers signature and nothing else has been altered/scribbled over it would be fine....just not 100% legal. :laugh:

I had a lady at the DMV tell me once that it wouldn't be illegal to jump owners if the middle owner never actually drove the car on public roads. It can't be true but I just thought I'd toss that in.

I had a lady at the DMV tell me once that it wouldn't be illegal to jump owners if the middle owner never actually drove the car on public roads. It can't be true but I just thought I'd toss that in.

Nope, I worked at the DMV for a while. It is illegal to skip over owners even if it was never driven. You can skip over tabs for the years it was never driven on a road but that is about it....but when you register it, you need plates and tabs no matter what.

Back