• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Modding

This is one of the funniest posts I have seen on here. Just wow :nonono:
-J

For so many reasons too.

Quick- no I wouldn't call 0-60 in 9 seconds and a 17.X 1/4 mile quick. If a Suburban can outrun you, you're not quick. Want to tell me how you think that you picked up 30 HP?

iirc strikers non-turbo zetec was putting down around 125 .... add 18% for the power loss from the mtx and your at 150 crank .... I think that was with intake, exhaust, udp and I am not sure what else ...

BrApple's got a good memory. :laugh: i also had an adjustable FPR but it was set to stock fuel pressure. i bought it when i had to replace my stock FPR that wasn't keeping fuel pressure high enough.

were those the only mods, udp, intake and exhaust?

i have the intake, exhaust, gapped plugs, wires, coil. i dont think i'm too far off of was striker was. also, those times that i ran were with just the intake and exahust. so throw in the gapped plugs, wires, coil and resetting the computer and i think i'm a little lower than a 17.3. i dont see whats so funny about my post.

::vomits:: that's what makes it better :shocked:

it's still not quick

decently quick. for a 3125lbs car to do a high 16, i dont think thats bad. my buddy has a Saturn that weighs somewhere around 2500 lbs and its running mid 16's with intake, exhaust and auto.

i'm not saying its fast, but it beats some of the newer cars and i can keep up with a 325I auto 2.5 I6. so i'm proud of it.

98svt i don't race it. I've raced my WRX and my friends 03 Cobra and RX-7 at the track...not a saturn or a mystique though i'm probably missing out:rolleyes:

and wat are they running, no better than 11's am i right? why would u race them? why not a 8 second nova, or nitrous injected supercharged mustang?

Its FUN, it doesnt matter if its running 19's or 9's, its FUN.

My car isn't fast but its stil fun. Me and my friends ride around and race w/e we can. So far I don't have a kill list, but my killed by list includes: Prelude, GTO, Grand Prix GT, Roadmaster wagon (LT1), Eclipse, and occasional Hondas and trucks. We like rollin around in it just for shiggles and gits.

Whats the best way to make my Ebrake stop better? It won't lock up the back tires while I'm moving. :rolleyes:

My car isn't fast but its stil fun. Me and my friends ride around and race w/e we can. So far I don't have a kill list, but my killed by list includes: Prelude, GTO, Grand Prix GT, Roadmaster wagon (LT1), Eclipse, and occasional Hondas and trucks. We like rollin around in it just for shiggles and gits.

Whats the best way to make my Ebrake stop better? It won't lock up the back tires while I'm moving. :rolleyes:
I find it hilarious that you have a zetec/ATX and have a 'kill list'. Based on the cars you listed I doubt they were even racing you :rolleyes:
And to the other guy who asked why his statement was funny, its because you actually think your car is quick :help:.
#1 its not even close, #2 you REALLY need a ride in something that is quick before you waste any more money.
I'm done with this thread, but it is amusing.
-J

I find it hilarious that you have a zetec/ATX and have a 'kill list'. Based on the cars you listed I doubt they were even racing you :rolleyes:
Actually, if you read, that is the "Killed By" list, as in he's never won.
And to the other guy who asked why his statement was funny, its because you actually think your car is quick :help:.
#1 its not even close, #2 you REALLY need a ride in something that is quick before you waste any more money.
-J
Very true. I like to think that my car is ok for a DD, but I reserve "fast" for the 2600 lb, ~500 HP Cobra in the garage.

-J
your an idiot :mad:

Very true. I like to think that my car is ok for a DD, but I reserve "fast" for the 2600 lb, ~500 HP Cobra in the garage.
your a bastid :drool:

-J

let me word it better, For wat the car is, its decently quick. I mean, i know what quick is. I've driven a 300ZX turbo, an RX-7 turbo, 05 GTI turbo, 94 Corvette LT1, and have taken a ride in my buddies 95 Z-28 LT-1 with rebuilt engine and 100 shot of nitrous.

Back