• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

LUK clutch blew, stranded......

Only 10k miles?!?! This is not good. Makes me not want to put a LUK clutch in....... I don't want a spec either because of the spring window issue.

Probably not even 10k on it I put it in right after spring zing lite this year.

Here is a pic of my spec stg3+ with only 40k on it.

image-12.jpg

Holy •••• that spec is f'd! I guess I would rather have the spline fail then the spring windows fall apart. Damn :nonono:

yep what is this world coming to man. its a shame you can not buy quality parts for our cars without having to worry about them failing 10K miles later. good thing there is a rare breed of people like me and you out there who can do the work easily.

This is bizarre, I would not put another LUK kit in my car based on this. Stage 2 clutchnet maybe?

I don't know about any other clutch kit that's worth a damn.

What are the reviews on clutchnet stuff for our cars?

She's much dirtier than when I installed it. Yanked it out on saturday.

Blownclutch.jpg

NEEDS:
-2 ball joints
-main coolant hose
-drivers wheel bearing
-crank seal
-DMD (had to cut old one off :nonono: )
-both axle seals
-shift rod input shaft seal
-clutch (obviously)
-axle boots re-packed and re-clamped
-wiper cowl (my fault)
-re-surface flywheel
-non leaky '95 fuel rail/injectors

And I have a few things sitting here to put in:
-thermostat
-fuel filter
-Accel yellow coil pack

Probably sandblasting the yellow paint off the trans case. It has been flaking off in huge chunks and looks like ass now.

I don't know about any other clutch kit that's worth a damn.

What are the reviews on clutchnet stuff for our cars?

So far I'm happy with the full faced yellow and yellow pressure plate. However Some say 3l should go with a red 6puck clutch
main.php

so far so good on the red 6-puck clutchnet clutch kit in my turbo car.

just keep in mind that the amount of friction material on the disk before you get to the rivet is alot less then a oem stock clutch. Its not going to last anywhere near as long.

And if it makes you feel any better it took me the better part of the summer to pick a new clutch kit and get my car back together after the clutch failed on the way home from SZ that year.

I literally have like 5 miles on my car with the Clutchnet clutch I got, so longevity I cannot speak for... however.... this has been the only non-oem clutch i have EVER been happy with right off the bat. I just did a aftermarket clutch in my Audi that thing sucked so hard (as usual) for the first 1,000 miles. Clutchnet is awesome, I hear nothing but good things which is why I went with them.o

Notice the Raybestos clutch material in that pic above^^ They use quality parts.

Yes that is a mop!
I'll let u know how I like my clutchnet stg2 with red pressure plate soon once it ever comes in.

Just did both trans seals on my care they are a huge pain in the ass lol. My engine was in the car though.

Back