• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

lets see your toolbox

My wife parks her Ford Flex in the garage on the toolbox side, I park EGPLNT on the other side, and I drive my truck for winter and that sits outside in the driveway. I don't often have any extra cars around through the winter taking up space. Right now I have the "rusty but trusty" SVT in my neighbors driveway :cool:.

Here's mine:
l.jpg

Nice setups guys ^. That's too bad the nice truck has to sit outside in the winter. A truck is a truck, but that one you scooped up fuz is minty

thats a pretty expensive box to be sitting in your garage at home lol

I was a dealership mechanic, then I owned my own shop. I brought all of my hand tools with me when I moved to Ohio (everything but the lift, compressor, and tire machines), but I have a desk job now, so they only get used on my cars.

I was a dealership mechanic, then I owned my own shop. I brought all of my hand tools with me when I moved to Ohio (everything but the lift, compressor, and tire machines), but I have a desk job now, so they only get used on my cars.

You left the compressor!? That would have been coming home with me if I were you... unless of course it was one of those massive industrial ones that wouldn't be practical to have in a home garage.

heres my work box. i have a bunch of single bay boxes at home that have lesser quality duplicates of everything in this box.

IMG_3709.jpg

IMG_7311.jpg

IMG_7526.jpg

IMG_9866.jpg

IMG_6574.jpg

IMG_6144.jpg

IMG_5979.jpg

IMG_5616.jpg

IMG_4315.jpg

IMG_4097.jpg

You left the compressor!? That would have been coming home with me if I were you... unless of course it was one of those massive industrial ones that wouldn't be practical to have in a home garage.

I think it was a 165 gallon compressor. My business partner would have been pissed if I took that with me.

Idk if I could stop wrenching for a desk job lol can't sit still long enough and would go Insane lol

Idk if I could stop wrenching for a desk job lol can't sit still long enough and would go Insane lol

Sitting still is tough, but I like that I only have to work on cars that I want to work on. As a mechanic, my cars got neglected to a degree because I was doing too much work on everyone else's cars. Now it's not so hard to get motivated to work on my cars (though I do miss having a shop to do it in).

Sitting still is tough, but I like that I only have to work on cars that I want to work on. As a mechanic, my cars got neglected to a degree because I was doing too much work on everyone else's cars. Now it's not so hard to get motivated to work on my cars (though I do miss having a shop to do it in).

I'm the same way. It just takes a good kick in the ass for me to get in the garage and do something after work. Trouble shooting all day and babysitting takes my mojo away from me. Not wrenching every day at work would help me out haha. I don't plan on doing it forever and my knees are rough as it is. I enjoy what I do, but your body can only take so much.

Back