• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

lets see your toolbox

Let's start a toolbox thread BC I always like seeing what others have accumulated in tools lol

IMG_20121109_200125.jpg

IMG_20121031_003842.jpg

IMG_20121031_003849.jpg

IMG_20121031_003859.jpg

IMG_20121109_200152.jpg

IMG_20121109_200209.jpg

The things I would give to have that setup :)

I went to take a pic, but my stuff is scattered everywhere. I only have a few tool boxes.. just tons and tons of fiberglass and paint stuff. I would love to have a massive toolbox someday.

Lol actually its not as much as you would think I turn wrenches for a living...
so I still have a lot of stuff I need. That's at the shop at home a have a craftsman metric wrench set,
Sockets, few pliers, one flat head and 1 Phillips Screw driver, And a few cast off Mac ratchets that I took home when I Got my snap on dual 80s

My stuff is a mess at work. I'm missing tools and they're scattered everywhere. i'd love to get a new box with new tools and start fresh, but its so darn expensive. But to go through and figrue out what all i'm missing, i'd be pulling out my hair. I wish i was organized.

Lol I always put my tools on my cart when I'm done using them and hunt for
Them when I'm off if I'm missing any. I also clean my tools and box every Sunday since its very slow Sundays.
Too much money invested to loose tools I mean hell one
Truck brand ratchet is 100 or over sockets are what 30 a piece...tool trucks are a scam lol.

Well crap... I thought I had a shot of my setup somewhere, but I can't find it. My garage is to much of a war zone with my build going on so I don't have space to take some pics... but here is what I have in my arsenal...

3 stack Craftsmen roller chest housing a 303 piece Craftsmen mechanic tool set, 5 piece gear puller set, damper puller set, two pipe benders, two pipe cutters, misc set of wire brushes, 37° AN flaring tool, 3/8" breaker bar, ah... screw it I'll take some pictures...

So my boxes are a mess, but that's pretty much do to all of the dang projects I have going on... but you get the idea... and yes I need a way bigger garage. Pretty much have collected all of these tools over the past 16 years. I actually had to purchase a second 303 Craftsmen mechanic set because I let my brothers borrow my tools when I was 17. This is what led to my original small chest turning into my 'spare' tool box. It's ridiculous what it cost to buy individual sockets and wrenches. This is actually why I'm going to be buying another metric set of Craftsmen wrenches on Thurs for Sears's next big wrench sale. I managed to lose my 11mm and 14mm wrench at a junk yard. ugh.

My main go to box (screw drivers, wrenches, sockets, tube/line tools, specialty tools)
imag0480qq.jpg

Misc Fittings, o-rings, seals, and line drawer
imag0493r.jpg

imag0492ap.jpg

imag0491v.jpg

Misc wire brushes, carbide bits, and punches
imag0490l.jpg

imag0483vn.jpg

imag0484c.jpg

imag0485s.jpg

imag0486.jpg

Last edited:
imag0487nh.jpg

imag0488hd.jpg

Storage place for specialty tools, which are in use (see below)
imag0489e.jpg

imag0512a.jpg

imag0513q.jpg

Large roller chest (torque tools, painting equipment, hammers, clamps, gear pullers, grinders, drill bits, and air tools)
imag0495wl.jpg

imag0496m.jpg

imag0497pa.jpg

imag0498c.jpg

imag0500ge.jpg

Small chest (spare tools, electrical, pliers, putty tools, interior panel tools, manuals)
Fluke multimeter is in use and not shown, one of the most important electrical tools I have.
imag0504g.jpg

imag0505b.jpg

Most of my pliers and cutters are in use
imag0506i.jpg

imag0507q.jpg

imag0508ca.jpg

imag0509b.jpg

On the go tool box
imag0511w.jpg

Then lastly hydraulic press, blast cabinet, powder coating oven, 60gal air compressor, and welder
imag0501h.jpg
imag0481x.jpg

Last edited:
lol it is a mess but seems like you have a lot of stuff...a lot more than I have but I'm only 23 lol. Tools seem to just walk off craftsman sockets are like what 7 a piece i lost a snap on 1/2 22mm at work the other day and went to buy another one off the truck...35 bucks for a single socket lol.

That's a nice breaker bar.. I want it!

Now I know whose house I'm gonna be cleaning out next. :D

It is nice to have...25 3/4 inch dual 80 ratchet lol. Some times i feel like 209 bucks was a little much for it until I'm doing an alignment and the centric bolt WILL not budge with my 3/8 ratchet. Good luck getting it for some reason our shop has an insane motion sensor alarm my boss says he comes down at least twice a week in the middle of the night bc something stupid sets it off lol.

lol it is a mess but seems like you have a lot of stuff...a lot more than I have but I'm only 23 lol. Tools seem to just walk off craftsman sockets are like what 7 a piece i lost a snap on 1/2 22mm at work the other day and went to buy another one off the truck...35 bucks for a single socket lol.

LoL... here is the mess, my work benches...

imag0515c.jpg

imag0510x.jpg

Nice. That is one thing I have yet to get, swivel impact sockets. Very nice. Also need to get an electric portable impact... R&D mechanic at work as a Dewalt one and it's definitely nice to have.

The swivel impact sockets are great. Use them quite a bit when pulling transmissions and all sorts of motor work. I couldn't live without my cordless impacts. I have the newer 1/2" snap-on lithium gun and it's great. My old one the front bearing was going out and all the batteries were about toast. It just didn't pay to get everything rebuilt. I do a bunch of service calls (diesel tech) and it's the cats meow for that. It's also great to pull used parts off the old trucks in back of the shop :) The power is great and even the 3/8" gun is impressive.

I also keep a few 1/2" and 3/4" air impact guns around because I tend to destroy them quick haha.

Back