• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

It's official...

99RedCSVT

Veteran CEG'er
I'm driving home from a buddies dealership and not but a block later, my $50 beater shuts down. Stumped I put it in neutral and try to fire it back up. Sounds like a winding toy with no resistance. Pulled into the nearest parking lot and popped the hood. Look down, HOLY :censored:. The timing cover was busted. Looked and saw the belt and gear were looking funny. Reached down and the belt was easily movable.

Plans: Scrap the hunk of junk van (although may it rest in peace...or pieces.) Take that money and some other funds, and go ahead and rebuild the 2.5. I've been debating on the 3.0L but in this time of need for a vehicle and it not warm enough to ride the moped, I'm out of options. PROJECT REBUILD is in effect...

Yeah, I understand. But in my situation, all I got is the moped now and it's cold as :censored:. Plus, couldn't find a 3L reasonably in $ range. I'm just going to have to deal with the 2.5L. I now just need to find someone to do it cheaper than the mechanic aquantince of mine. Any takers?:help:

its called a hybrid. all you need is a block. everything else is used from the 2.5 including the heads i dont know what you are talking about with all this other stuff... must be full 3L you are thinking of.

Thanks Tom for making my dumb a$$ realize that I should just go ahead with the 3L. And it'll be fun doing it. I got a co-worker to help us with the swap too.:cool:

Getting amped about the swap. Just got done paying $400 for the 3L Duratec. Pickin it up on sunday. Also getting the car back to my place on monday. I think i'll spend the day tinkering with some mods and installing the sound system. :ponder:hm...

Back