• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Simple Law of Gravity...What goes up,

Joey

Hard-core CEG'er
must come down. I was to go out and hit 18 today, but with the lovely rain I decided to do something a little different with my day off.

Queue in some lowering springs by Revolution Performance Motorsports
springs1.jpg

These are not made to slam the car down...just a subtle 1 inch drop in the back, 1 and a quarter up front. The main part of these is to stiffen the suspension for better handling. Here's a comparison...
springs2.jpg

Backs took all of a few minutes...I cut the last rung on the bump stops to retain the majority of the shock travel.
springs3.jpg

Shown here all completed...
springs4.jpg

The front dropped from 27-5/8's to 26-3/4 (just under an inch)
SpringsFront.jpg

The back dropped from 27-1/8 to 26-5/8
SpringsBack.jpg

The results went from this (old pic)
speed2.jpg

to this...(dirty pic)
springs5.jpg

I'm expecting it to settle another 1/4 to 1/2 inch...so after a week or so, I'll take some better pics of the drop. So, whatcha think?

Perfect, that's the look I want to get someday with my Contour. A uniform wheel gap all the way around, not the slammed look that serves no purpose.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments guys, I've been working hard at getting this car just right. I think with an intercooler and a tune, I'll be just about there.

I can say that with these springs it does handle much better now, but still doesn't turn like the MINI. Guess I had really high expectations. :)

Back