• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Group Buy: automatic sunroof mod/lighted switch kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
links "snapped" as in cut mechanically or could they have been electrically shorted and fried. This thread is too long now to read back over all but didn't you have problems installing these because of different color codes Mondeo -vs- Contour. Maybe they were hooked up wrong and links fried?

Did you hook up both relays in same non-operating way thinking the first relay was defective? Thereby both relays got fried the same?

Just a thought.
the internal links were snapped. They were not fried.. i still have the original sleeving which is not burnt. You can't fry the links as they carry full load current anyway. I had problems wiring these up because they were broken. When they didn't work first time i then looked closely at the photo's and wiring diagrams. They now work fine.. so there are no differences between mondeos and contours. I have been completely truthful about what has happened. I also asked if someone had done this to Marc. I am not unreasonable.. i gave Marc the oportunity to talk to me in pm's... my last one he chose not to reply to. I may have jumped to an unfair accusation about the shipping which i apologise for.... but the fact remains the relays were damaged. I'm glad no one else has had this and now hopefully no one else will... G.

Then I guess radioshack decided to sabotage my hard work. You do know I am helping out a lot making these kits? They don't just come to me in one piece. I had to front all the money for the initial investment because I didn't make everyone prepay first so all my money went down for this project. I had to order all the parts from multiple sources, receive the part, and then put them all together. Then I had to go ship them all out when somebody ordered one. I think I put too much time and effort forth for you to accuse me of ruining your relays on purpose. If you think they are bad and you're positive you did not break them, then you blame radioshack; not me.

the internal links were snapped. They were not fried.. i still have the original sleeving which is not burnt. You can't fry the links as they carry full load current anyway. I had problems wiring these up because they were broken. When they didn't work first time i then looked closely at the photo's and wiring diagrams. They now work fine.. so there are no differences between mondeos and contours. I have been completely truthful about what has happened. I also asked if someone had done this to Marc. I am not unreasonable.. i gave Marc the oportunity to talk to me in pm's... my last one he chose not to reply to. I may have jumped to an unfair accusation about the shipping which i apologise for.... but the fact remains the relays were damaged. I'm glad no one else has had this and now hopefully no one else will... G.

I got my kit last week and it looks great I will be installing sometime this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back