• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GOMACH1's 3l Black Pearl Build

black AN goodness

2012-03-28_12-03-35_457.jpg

2012-03-28_12-03-44_813.jpg

Clears my hood... Must be a cougar thing... Just enough room to turn it and get it off too.

She runs! Fired her up for the first time, Guess i wired up the COPs correctly and did the timing on the cams right. Now i can sleep at night.lol just some exhaust leaks to clear up and a few other odds and ends before she is road worthy.

WHAT!!! I got ripped off, maybe its a carbon fiber cougar hood thing. Actually I think it hits the frame/supports of the hood, which I would like to cut off one day anyways.

Anyways, those AN lines look awesome sauce, looking forward to seeing the rest of them.

WHAT!!! I got ripped off, maybe its a carbon fiber cougar hood thing. Actually I think it hits the frame/supports of the hood, which I would like to cut off one day anyways.

Anyways, those AN lines look awesome sauce, looking forward to seeing the rest of them.

Depends what year 3L... 04/05 have a different valve covers which are taller iirc.

Yea the ones im running are 04s.

Well the car runs! Put about 100 miles on it so far. Need to put the injectors in and get it tuned. Debating on dyno tune or another mail order tune from Joey again.

Where did you source your AN fittings and lines? I've found a few places that have pretty good prices, but figured I'd ask. Thanks.

I have a local place i go to. Known the guy for a years. Might not be the best deal but for AN fittings its nice being able to map it out right there in person to figure out what you need...

Yea the ones im running are 04s.

Well the car runs! Put about 100 miles on it so far. Need to put the injectors in and get it tuned. Debating on dyno tune or another mail order tune from Joey again.

I would do a dyno tune. It will cost more but I think you would get more out of your car with one.

If it was me id run the stock tune until you put that turbo on, why pay for two tunes? I would for sure go with the dyno tune as well.

If it was me id run the stock tune until you put that turbo on, why pay for two tunes? I would for sure go with the dyno tune as well.

True... Found a place, less then a mile from my house that does dyno tunes. They always have a ton of subis out front, but have seen GTRs, SVT Focus's and lots of other hot cars. So they should be able to do mine id think.

What do you guys think of these wheels? TSW Imola 17x8.... Should i go back to black? or go aluminum? Gunmetal looks good but not sure about it...looks dirty.

Back