• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Moog front endinks $3.86!!!!!!!!! Amazon

11 bucks apiece will buy you the updated ford ones. Tie rod style ends, and aluminum shaft. super nice. i did that a few months ago.... big improvement.

11 bucks apiece will buy you the updated ford ones. Tie rod style ends, and aluminum shaft. super nice. i did that a few months ago.... big improvement.

except the updated Ford ones are junk. the open bushing is goign to fail faster then the original design. I know as we had one seize up on my parents contour.

try to get the original style or get an aftermarket setup that is greaseable.

I just gotta say, sand and spray down the moog ones with paint. They rust. Mine look like shiz already and only have 2k miles on them.

Price is much higher now, up to like $25, I picked up 2 of them when they were $3.77 (thanks for the link BTW) because they are $29/piece at Advance.

I just replaced mine (think the brand was Raybestos) with greaseable end links. Much beefier then the original ones.

Hmm... I must have a different set of Moog end links.. Those ones pictured look like toothpicks compared to mine

The ones in the Amazon link do look pretty thin you're right. But that might not be the actual Contour version.

Sorry for the newb question, but how do you know if they are bad? What symptoms do you look for?

I went with all BAT parts for the front end (all 4 tie-rod ends, both front sway bar links, front sway bar busings, etc) along with KYBGR2 struts from rockauto & had everything replaced at once after an alignment of course & my MY2000 SVT feels like a brand new car! Also upgraded to the BAT 21mm RSB, with new mounts, bushings & upgraded endlinks I bought off a member here. Everything done in 1 day at my fathers shop and totally different car after picking it up.

Sorry for the newb question, but how do you know if they are bad? What symptoms do you look for?

Look to see if the boots are torn and the joint can wobble on its own. Usually if I cant remember the last time they were replaced I go ahead and replace them.

Back