• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Gingerman Track Day

Well that's better news for sure. BUT, we are now going to have less track time because there is a real event going on that day. Does anyone know how many sessions we will have? 1, 2,3?

They would have had different classes anyway so I don't think it will be different. BTW, just sold the Bonduant car an hour ago so I won't be running with the Majors.

hopefully my car will be ready, but I dont know how well it will be tuned by then. Time shall tell.

Well I'm not going to be able to make ZingFest. It's my parents 50th wedding anniversary that weekend, just no way I could sneak out to Michigan. I really wanted to run around Gingerman!

Have fun and be safe,
Rob

Just to confirm, this is scheduled for Friday, correct? Meeting time @ track? Caravan or everyone solo?

It is. Im not sure if Im going to do the track day or not so if someone want to step up and lead this have at it. The rally is going to start just after lunch so it may be possible for people to hit up both.

If you are leaving from the hotel Fri morning you would have to leave at a minimum of 630, 6 would be better, to make it to the track by 9 (central to eastern time) so if you wanted to rally you could leave the track at 1 and be back 130 and make the rally

I've already started preparing.....

1013882_10152882232190394_66920265_n.jpg

SNELL M-(anything) is just a motorcycle helmet, isn't it?

I thought SNELL SA-(whatever) is the rating designated for automotive applications.

Mine doesn't have a "M" or "SA" just DOT and SNELL Approved on it. No other markings or numbers :shrug:.

Weird. I've never looked to see if my helmet has the rating printed on it anywhere, but when I ordered it from Summit, the product listing did specify a SNELL SA2010 safety rating.

if you look inside the helmet under the lining it should have an orange sticker with the snell rating. for SCCA autox events a snell2000 is still legal

Back