• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Gingerman Track Day

they have 93, 100, and 110 at the track, not sure on the price though. but its by the gallon at least instead of by the liter

and a FYI for everyone, it is likely to be VERY busy on this day, South Bend Region SCCA is hosting a double national road race that weekend. it is likely that the people coming out for the track day will be doing test and tune for the weekend.

"93 Octane Fuel - Available at track
100 Octane Fuel - Available at track
110 Octane Fuel - Available at track"

It is looking more likely that I will be able to do the track day at Gingerman.... yay! Now, when will I have time to get the car ready?

the only one that has all of the requirements is rwalton. i dont have fire suppression and that would fall under safety equipment, and my belts are out of date.

autox on sat, and sun if you really want. that just means the rally will be at its normal time

I'm sticking around for Sunday autocross unless the car breaks on Saturday. Columbus is close enough to still get home before bedtime :)

the only one that has all of the requirements is rwalton. i dont have fire suppression and that would fall under safety equipment, and my belts are out of date.

I could try keeping up with him in the Bondurant but its a little heavier and 40 HP short. Sounds like a plan...

You kidding me? I can't read the gingerman website wher I am right now. So, no racing unless you are caged and have fire supression?

You kidding me? I can't read the gingerman website wher I am right now. So, no racing unless you are caged and have fire supression?

"Drivers must have race experience AND a racing vehicle (roll cage and safety equipment mandatory)."

like i said before, its is a practice day for a double national race weekend. they dont want anyone out on course when people are trying to put down serious practice laps

Aww man! That blows. I was really looking forward to seeing everyone race. :(
So it's pretty certain then that Gingerman is out, yes?

I think we're going to stick with our original plan to stay in K-zoo Thursday night to shorten our drive, then head over to Portage Friday, in time for whenever the road rally is scheduled.

I just talked to Gingerman...it is still an open track day! It is a simultaneous open track day and an SCCA practice day. Come one come all!

I was out at Gingerman today watching the Ferraris run and double checked in person that it is truly a standard open track day. No cage or safety equipment required...please pass this along to the Cougar guys.
Thanks,
CJ

I was out at Gingerman today watching the Ferraris run and double checked in person that it is truly a standard open track day. No cage or safety equipment required...please pass this along to the Cougar guys.
Thanks,
CJ

Awesome! Thanks for looking into it. So basically it sounds like they will have multiple groups then, the SCCA racers with preped cars, and then the rest of us without all of the extra restrictions?

Back