• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dynoed the 3.0

but that is assuming that all that matters for a good ET is peak whp. there could be major differences between the torque throughout the rpm range. Also, other things could effect it like tire size and compound, wheel size and weight, final drive ratio, driver skill, launch rpm, track altitude, ambient temperature, etc.

Don't start the dead horse torque debate. I'm not worried about the powerband.

I'm also not worried about tires and compound. The car is not powerful enough with a 3L to have serious traction issues at ANY track. The key IS VHT, they spray it all over the place. I cut a 2.14 60' with bald 215/50/16 on stock cougar wheels-driver skill is same as me or worse. I have the stock final drive, if he has the zetec it only hurts him. Maybe some help with a 4.5, but thats not what he has. I ran at a favorable altitude so anything he ran is about the same, or it hurt his run if higher. I hope he ran in a non 80 degree day like I did.

Lie, false dyno, etc.
He could own my face and videotape him doing just what he said (assuming he gets on a correct dyno first), better yet 13's. I'd like to see it.

So on the positive note good luck to Grenade, proud to see a swap in the cdw27 any day.. i'll stay out of this thread, I don't want anything to get ugly.

Last edited:
Don't start the dead horse torque debate. I'm not worried about the powerband.

I'm also not worried about tires and compound. The car is not powerful enough with a 3L to have serious traction issues at ANY track. The key IS VHT, they spray it all over the place. I cut a 2.14 60' with bald 215/50/16 on stock cougar wheels-driver skill is same as me or worse. I have the stock final drive, if he has the zetec it only hurts him. Maybe some help with a 4.5, but thats not what he has. I ran at a favorable altitude so anything he ran is about the same, or it hurt his run if higher. I hope he ran in a non 80 degree day like I did.

Lie, false dyno, etc.
He could own my face and videotape him doing just what he said (assuming he gets on a correct dyno first), better yet 13's. I'd like to see it.

So on the positive note good luck to Grenade, proud to see a swap in the cdw27 any day.. i'll stay out of this thread, I don't want anything to get ugly.

wow.

i'm not even going to say anything else.

..i'm sure he did. If that's the case, he'll have no problems doing 13's and we'll be all happy to see it.

14.5 with that whp is on a jacked (incorrect) dyno, with weight reduction, or is a lie. I guess excess optimism is okay.. but no.

I'd agree that the dyno is "jacked". I've stated that from beginning. Everything we bring there dynos really low compared to what I've seen online but they do a great job tuning our cars. The 325whp from my cougar was also on that dyno so who knows what it could put down on a different dyno.

I'd agree that the dyno is "jacked". I've stated that from beginning. Everything we bring there dynos really low compared to what I've seen online but they do a great job tuning our cars. The 325whp from my cougar was also on that dyno so who knows what it could put down on a different dyno.

Only one way to find out :ponder:

yeah we're already in competition. so far i'm not doing so well...... ugh. lol.

i just found out yesterday two of three bolts were missing out of my front roll resistor. drives better now. just gotta fix starting issues lol.

yeah we're already in competition. so far i'm not doing so well...... ugh. lol.

i just found out yesterday two of three bolts were missing out of my front roll resistor. drives better now. just gotta fix starting issues lol.

Still trying to sort out that starting issue? Hope you can get it fixed :). I had wanted to go for a ride in the car, oh well next year I guess.

Aaron

maybe i'll come to "canadia" lol.

yeah the starter issue sucks. i'll replace the relay, and if that's not it, i'm going to grab a new starter. after that i'm gonna hunt down a 65mm TB :)

Back