• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dynoed the 3.0

Grenade

CEG'er
Dyno'd the car yesterday. 3.0 conversion by Blackcoog& D9. Untuned and very rich. 175/184 There is way more in the car. Hopefully I'll have a tuned number this summer. It's a great start, and the car is a blast to drive as is.

This is a full 3L.
01 3L Cams. 3L upper.
Stock Exhaust. (Manifolds, Cat, Resonator, SVT mufflers)

Shawn has Headers ypipe and SVT upper end on his car... It made similar #'s untuned as mine did.

You can see original and Tuned on the same graph. You can see how pig rich my car was running. Took some fuel out, and smoothed the power band. You can see the gains across the board. Up top not much was gained, but by tuning you can see how much smoother the powerband is.

DynoGraph.jpg

I hate that dyno. I'd like to get someone to run over at DB's dyno to see if there is a major difference. The numbers at Hitech are always horrible for our cars.

FYI Shawn (Grenade) has a ported 3L with SVT intakes (3L cams), torsen, and headers.

I did my car this weekend as well. Headers, Y-Pipe, K&N open elment through stock SVT exhaust - did 187 182. Pig rich as well - with a hi-flo cat and a tune I'm sure I'll see close, if not above 200.

I hate that dyno. I'd like to get someone to run over at DB's dyno to see if there is a major difference. The numbers at Hitech are always horrible for our cars.

FYI Shawn (Grenade) has a ported 3L with SVT intakes (3L cams), torsen, and headers.

I'd like to see that too, from what I've seen DB numbers are usually lower though? :shrug:

That's right, plus the engine is an 04, Which I've heard has a bit more cam.

I dont get why people do an 04 3L then put SVT cams, UIM and LIM on them, its dumb. It has been proven multiple times that the 3L UIM and LIM provide WAY more CFM of air, and the 3L cams offer more torque, I mean you are doing a 3L for more power... right? Look at this guy, with a tune I wouldnt be surprised if he came really close to 200 FWHP.

I dont get why people do an 04 3L then put SVT cams, UIM and LIM on them, its dumb. It has been proven multiple times that the 3L UIM and LIM provide WAY more CFM of air, and the 3L cams offer more torque, I mean you are doing a 3L for more power... right? Look at this guy, with a tune I wouldnt be surprised if he came really close to 200 FWHP.

Im sorry. I know I said I'd try to be nicer to you but... You honestly don't have any first hand knowledge on 3 liters. You would be better suited to just keep it to yourself. Cam choice is a preference of the driver, as is manifold choice. Some people are not looking for peak power. There are deff. positives and negatives to both manifold and cam options.

Im sorry. I know I said I'd try to be nicer to you but... You honestly don't have any first hand knowledge on 3 liters. You would be better suited to just keep it to yourself. Cam choice is a preference of the driver, as is manifold choice. Some people are not looking for peak power. There are deff. positives and negatives to both manifold and cam options.

Yeah, if you want to sacrifice ~10hp throughout the entire power band for a ~3hp advantage at the top 300rpm, feel free to use the SVT UIM.

Yeah, if you want to sacrifice ~10hp throughout the entire power band for a ~3hp advantage at the top 300rpm, feel free to use the SVT UIM.

Has anyone with a ported 3l with svt cams/manifolds/secondaries ever posted a dyno? I know Burrita just posted numbers, but it was without the svt lim/secondaries.

Also, how are people taking a full 3.0 and getting 210hp with just gutted pre-cats? it must be really under-rated from the factory.

Last edited:
Has anyone with a ported 3l with svt cams/manifolds/secondaries ever posted a dyno? I know Burrita just posted numbers, but it was without the svt lim/secondaries.

Also, how are people taking a full 3.0 and getting 210hp with just gutted pre-cats? it must be really under-rated from the factory.

The originator of the thread has that exact setup - he should upload the dyno sheet...

I was just as confused when I first heard about it. These are '04-'05 engines with a redesigned induction system. Combined with gutted pre-cats and a free-er flowing intake, it must be enough.

Has anyone with a ported 3l with svt cams/manifolds/secondaries ever posted a dyno?

that is my setup and I want to get some numbers soon if I can.

also there was cougar owner that has the same setup that was going to dyno back to back, untuned and tuned. Not sure if that was done yet.

I don't see how this CAN'T get started. People are swapping in full '04-'05 3.0s and getting 203-210whp with just gutted pre-cats, then others port out the LIM and add the SVT UIM, headers, etc, and can't even hit 190whp. Uh...

You can't compare dynos across the country and think they're all equal.

or, like I have said multiple times, maybe some people think a 3L intake is ugly and would rather retain the stock appearance that you get using the SVT UIM.

Back