• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Custom made Gauges labels

I removed my stock gauges and scraped the green material off the back and re adhered it. It looks fine..

Nov08SwitchingColors048.jpg

Nov08SwitchingColors077.jpg

Add a nice bright white light behind it and its stock OEM! You can search for my How-To. This takes A LOT of patience to do.

- amyn

Nice, thank you to letting us know.
I started the thread was originally dislike the stock design and tried to made another design that people will accept in here.

Yours looks great as well. Personally if you were able to add a red ring that fades out on the outside with a completely stock look. I would be in sometime in the future. This would be just like your different designs fade light but on a stock looking gauge.

- amyn

I am done with the Stock replica with a little after market touch up.
Is this what you guys looking for?

STOCK-1-1.jpg

I am trying new things again.Might able to make the gauges glow the color of your choice but do not need to change the light bulb.
Well, i will keep you guys update.

That's exactly what I was looking for. Those look great! The only changes I'd want for me would be the "RPM" back on the tach and the HVAC in white. I know it's not the stock color, but I think it flows better than the black.

Here's mine now so it wouldn't be too much of a change. The problem with my HVAC panel now is the light glows through where it shouldn't and it just looks cheap. Also, my stock gauges are modded so I could install the red bulbs but again, the light is not totally equal because the stock film is applied with different thicknesses all around for an even light spread.

DSCF1840Medium.jpg

This was from a group buy years ago but they never came out right. The first HVAC panel (below) had perfect light output but was cut wrong. The design was "corrected" but the material changed and now light passes through my entire panel instead of only at the words and symbols. Sorry I don't have a picture of the second panel.

DSCF1039Medium.jpg

If the lighting is good with yours, I'd love to replace my panel.

This was from a group buy years ago but they never came out right. The first HVAC panel (below) had perfect light output but was cut wrong. The design was "corrected" but the material changed and now light passes through my entire panel instead of only at the words and symbols. Sorry I don't have a picture of the second panel.

DSCF1039Medium.jpg

If the lighting is good with yours, I'd love to replace my panel.

Here you go ~!

stock-3.jpg

I remember you saying earlier that you possibly might be able to make them glow the color of our choice without changing the bulbs- Do you think thats still a possibility? It would be nice to have the guages glow nice blue without decreasing the clarity of the red needles! My guess would be that they'd go up in price a lil for the extra work, but that would be ok with me as long as they turn out great!

I remember you saying earlier that you possibly might be able to make them glow the color of our choice without changing the bulbs- Do you think thats still a possibility? It would be nice to have the guages glow nice blue without decreasing the clarity of the red needles! My guess would be that they'd go up in price a lil for the extra work, but that would be ok with me as long as they turn out great!

I will try to make that, but i don't have time yet.
i might able to do it this weekend, well... just give me a bit time.
For the price, hahaha, to be honest, materials are the same, but yea, more works.....

Update
I am sorry i left the post for weeks.
I recently trying on the gauges face that has any color with using stock light. So far red is good, green is acceptable, still working on blue, purple and cool white.
Also just has 2 member ordered, done fixing the designs, tried to print but ran out of materials.
Hope i would be able to finish them tmr.
I will upload some tested pics later.

Ok, I'm interested in getting the complete kit, but can you do the glowing halo from the center hole out approx 80% of the inner circle space available leaving a gap from glow to the line where the gauge marking are. Similar in design to a new fusions gauges. But I want it with in white face, print logo and text colors in orange. Logos like the set above stock except the powered by SVT

Haha, that's exactly when i have the idea from, fusion. Sure, i believe i can do that. Glow orange huh? so are you using stock light? Do you still need the "km/h"? because the halo will probably cover it, or should i start the halo after the km/h just like the fusion?
Also, the logo and text in orange , not black right?
For the Logo, u want it exactly like the stock? no "POWERED BY" but still have the "SVT" or without?

I was thinking start halo after the k/m. The idea I have is the mph font would be dark during the day, the kMph would be a blue or black font. I want this on a white face look. Then at night the halo from needle center going up to the kMph would glow orange. Then the mph font and the SVT logo would glow orange. At night the kMph can disappear and not glow. I can draw it up if you need. But I want matching headlamp overlay and a/c control overlay too.

ok, i think if you can draw me a very simple picture will be great, because i am sure about " start halo after the k/m" and " halo from needle center going up to the kMph".
And if you want faster reply, please email me, i check my email a lot more often.

For the record Ive met the producer of the gauges and was very pleased with what i bought.

In case people havent seen, heres some horrible cell phone pics of my gauges

DSCI0078.jpg

DSCI0057.jpg

Back