• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A ceg first...I think

This thread is chock full of reading fail. :rolleyes: IT HAS TO BE VISIBLE AND ACCESSIBLE AT ALL TIMES WHILE ON THE TRACK. When he is racing he has to have the plate REMOVED hinged or not. When he is on the street, he wants it to be as inaccessible as possible.

So pull the plate up while at the track :shrug:

You can get a hinging plate off a "box" Impala, Caprice or Cutless. I have switch on my mustang, had a plate but did us it. It would work for you because the switch doesnt sit outside the body. I would have built mine out.

Referring to the Alternator, there is a another terminal that is direct feed to the Alternator to the Battery Terminal (bypasses the switch). It is for the the power to go some where after the power is shut off. If the power from the alternator has no place to go then it can damage the alt.

I think NHRA rules say that It needs to be visibly labeled as well. You might want to have another sticker added directly behind the plate. Instead of having to take off the whole reflector to see it.

I have mine through the right side of my plate for the street. Then at the track I remove the plate to see the stickers. Having it through the plate allows me to use it as a security device (not everyone would notice).

I have also put one through a tail light as well. Looks sweet, but regret chopping up a tail light.

Good Job, Safety First! :cool:

It is visibly labeled off and on. I have seen some guys at the track where you barely could see on or off.

Depending on how, uhh, "tight" the hinges are, the plate will hold itself in position. I don't see what the big deal is.

you're obviously not familiar with these things. they are spring loaded to keep the plate in the visable position.

Ok seriously, do you have to be right? You're going to try to explain yourself into a deeper hole and just appear dumber. You know I was referencing the SPRING loaded plate idea. Even if it were just hinged, are you going to let it just flop around while you're flying down the track?

Ok seriously, do you have to be right? You're going to try to explain yourself into a deeper hole and just appear dumber. You know I was referencing the SPRING loaded plate idea. Even if it were just hinged, are you going to let it just flop around while you're flying down the track?

I agree with you^, I will be just removing the plate. The auto folding plate is cool but the one I just found is $150.00, no thanks

http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/autoloc/product.lasso?prodinc=hiddenlicense

I wouldn't bother modifying anything any further.
It's so easy to remove the plate for the track. Don't eff with what is already so very neat and clean.

Since two screws is such a major hastle you should just use velcro.

I mean, the seven or eight times a day you have to switch plates it would just be too cumbersome.

Last edited:
Since two screws is such a major hastle you should just use velcro.

I mean, the seven or eight times a day you have to switch plates it would just be too cumbersome.

bwahahahahaha naw too much work placing the velcro,lol hehehe :laugh:

Back