• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

bought a home

It's a true shame I'm not going to see you guys that weekend. :(

Wannabe, you'd cry if you saw the SVT in its present condition. Completely filthy, it hasn't been washed since March or April. I will be taking it off the road this winter. I hope by springtime I will have managed to clean it up some. There is a Focus owner two doors down who washes his car weekly, so I've at least figured out that I can clean my own car here. :)

I've already met a few neighbors, very happy so far. It seems I picked the quietest building on the street. And although the highway is only 500 feet away, traffic is very light at nighttime.

I saw him...I can't recall exactly, but I think he is in his 40's or so and a little chunky, but I might be mixing things up in my head. Red Focus hatch, correct?

Wannabe, you'd cry if you saw the SVT in its present condition. Completely filthy, it hasn't been washed since March or April. I will be taking it off the road this winter. I hope by springtime I will have managed to clean it up some. There is a Focus owner two doors down who washes his car weekly, so I've at least figured out that I can clean my own car here. :)
Hahaha, I wouldn't. I know it's in good hands. I'll bnever question anything in your ownership.

BTW, can I get a good description of the Focus? I may know of him...

Yeah, it's definitely more like a Contour's Cabernet Red. I was trying to find the Focus equivalent, my laptop's monitor is awful at colors. Maybe "Dark Toreador Red?"

I don't feel like I've had time to enjoy the place yet. :) Still unpacking, and working late. The hot water was just a temperature adjustment. I bought a number of venetian blinds and still have more to put up. Refrigerator is only half cleaned, cabinets are only half cleaned, dryer vent needs cleaning; plenty of other things to do.

Tons of space though. I cleared out much of the living room and it's pretty bare in there.

it may suck..but it's also an awesome feeling to know that it's yours.

my house may be a bottomless money pit, but i love the fact that i can say: "It's MY HOUSE!!!!!"
:)

my house may be a bottomless money pit, but i love the fact that i can say: "It's MY HOUSE!!!!!"
:)

Amen! I'm changing door hardware and light fixtures, i.e. stuff that doesn't increase property value a dime, but hey, they're knobs and lights that *I* like. :)

I don't feel like I've had time to enjoy the place yet. :) Still unpacking, and working late. The hot water was just a temperature adjustment. I bought a number of venetian blinds and still have more to put up. Refrigerator is only half cleaned, cabinets are only half cleaned, dryer vent needs cleaning; plenty of other things to do.

Matt, I don't know if this is your style, but allow me to throw it out there: Can you find/hire someone for the cleaning? You're a busy guy, and stuff like wiping down the kitchen cabinets, sweeping out under the range and dishwasher, etc. can *easily* take a full day if you do it right. I was lucky to find someone who did that for me while I changed locks, installed timers, replaced the thermostat, etc. Nice space for the SVT, by the way. :)

Amen! I'm changing door hardware and light fixtures, i.e. stuff that doesn't increase property value a dime, but hey, they're knobs and lights that *I* like. :)
Tell me about it .. I have a pet peeve against hollow core doors. If I'm here long-term, they will all eventually be upgraded to solid hardwood.
Matt, I don't know if this is your style, but allow me to throw it out there: Can you find/hire someone for the cleaning?
Although you are right, it has taken days just to get shelf liner in the cabinets, the fridge isn't fully cleaned out and the stove hasn't even been touched ... lots of cleaning on the list, but I just can't bring myself to pay money for someone to do it. :eek:

That's what family is for. :)

I was hoping to give you a hand with some cleaning the day you moved, but the timing just wasn't right.

Back