• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

bought a home

rouar

fixer
Admin
As though I didn't have enough going on last month between projects at work, weddings, vacations and generally being pulled in every direction, I decided it would also be the perfect time to buy my first home. :crazy:

I will be closing in a few weeks, near the end of September.

It's a townhouse condo, 3 floors of living area plus a 1-car garage in the basement. Coming from a 450 square foot apartment, I honestly have no idea what I'll do with the new space.

- 2 br
- 1.5 ba
- 1314 square feet (plus basement) (1404 appraised)
- end unit
- Built in 1984
- eat-in kitchen
- picture window off the dining area
- sunroom area off the kitchen with two skylights
- master bedroom with cathedral ceiling, 3rd floor loft and skylight
- first floor laundry
- garage
- FHA heat and central A/C
- gas heat, HW, stove and dryer

- Basement
- first floor
- second floor
- loft

It's located in Merrimack, NH. Close to everything, yet far enough away that it's not directly affected by all of the traffic.

2776247_2.jpg

2776247_6.jpg

DSC02907.JPG

DSC02909.JPG

DSC02910.JPG

DSC02892.JPG

DSC02893.JPG

DSC02898.JPG

DSC02901.JPG

DSC02904.JPG

I'm excited for you. It's a very nice looking place.

use the extra room for games. Like pinball. So I can come over and stuff...

:laugh:

Nice pad :) Congrads on the new home.

Wonder if any kids would think about jumping onto the celling fan....

Matt congratulations way to go!! very nice looking can't wait to come over and check it out.

Nice pad :) Congrads on the new home.

Wonder if any kids would think about jumping onto the celling fan....

hahah i was thinking that the fan would prevent you from jumping off the balcony onto the huge beanbag chair matt had.

Thanks guys!

Ah, the beanbag .. there's a sad story about that. When I moved to Manchester, I gave it to my friends because they had limited seating in their apartment and because it wouldn't fit in my new place. While there, it suffered during the good parties they had, becoming flattened, trampled, and spilled upon. It was later banished to the front hallway, where it became a storage platform not unlike a coat rack.

My friends moved out last week and offered it back to me. I had to think for a while, but eventually refused. It was left on the sidewalk. Hopefully someone picked it up and can use it.

Anyway ... although that picture doesn't show it well, there is a bit of distance between the ceiling fan and the balcony railing. :)
Here's another shot ... it's not something you'd want to leap onto!

DSC02899.JPG

Looks like the condos behind the Citizens/Banknorth area? I always look at them and wish I could afford one lol.

right you are! Good catch.
There are two more that came on the market this week. The turnover rate for the past ten years has been higher than I'd like, but there are still many there who (according to public record) are either original owners or have owned for 10+ years.

Thanks guys! It's scary.. but exciting at the same time.

Congrats Matt!

I see a NE-CEG moving meet in the near future.

Last edited:
Congrats, Matt!!! Yes, crazy times, indeed -- I'm waiting to close on a home myself (I picked a place with tall ceilings --> garage lifts! ;) ). From the photos, it looks like you'll have space for a workbench or shop in the garage/basement.

Coming from a 450 square foot apartment, I honestly have no idea what I'll do with the new space.

Oh, it won't be a problem. Come back to this quote 6 months from now, and I'm sure you'll be chuckling about how you could've said such a thing. ;)

Back