• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

boost gauge question

thats the theory. the plan is to put some vents in the hood just above this to let air in and out. i dont know if there is enough room to make a heat shield or not yet, havent gotten that far

i like that, it would have to be from the grill though. the fog light area is filled with air filter and MAF

same here. filter is the fog light "velocity stack". i wanna mold it in for good.

also thought about a vented hood but not sure how much that will really what we want. i like the idea of a scoop but it looks cheesy i think and also takes the sleeper out of it, little more rice.

you dont know what my car looks like do you.........

i was thinking of vents like another guy in my region has, the front half are vented to direct air in, and the back half to direct air out

Watch where you put vents. My predator hood is a pain. The damn vents let water in over the front plug holes and I have issues every so often with water getting into the #1 plug hole. My car starts hesitating when water gets in there.

Yeah I never made it to the full sensibility stage of the conception.

Jag where is a pic of your spaceship? I assume the cougar but that cougar db site came up blank for me

I don't see how that will cool the air effectively. A/a Intercooler works because of the core fins the air passes through, which that doesn't have, seems like that would just cool the pipe.

i know its not going to be as efficient as an air to air or air to water, but something is better than a straight pipe

the location of a front mount air to air is key i guess to the heat dissipation. strange, the oil cooler core in the front is way more beneficial than water. the buckshot for example i was under the impression wasnt as good as a front mount.

the point of selling off the air to water to beans was to eliminate weight. this is close to 20lbs lighter if not more

its just an open pipe, you wont see any cooling from that. the speeds the air is traveling is to fast for it to shed any heat. There is a guy on the 3S forums who had some problems with overheating his fuel supply and used a similar type of tube for the fuel line (obviously smaller) and it had to run almost the entire length of the car to see the couple of degree temp drop that he needed on both feed lines. and this was under the car where there would be plenty of airflow across the fins.

like i said, i know its not going to give me a lot, if anything at all, but i needed something and its a lot nicer looking that the pipe that i had in before that was all hacked up and didnt line up.

got the car fired up today (didnt get a chance to drive it though :( )and the boost gauge is reading 20 on the vacuum side. when i had it installed on the air to water it always read a couple pounds of boost, is this normal?

about 20inHg vacuum is normal in the intake manifold at idle. if its to low or fluttering while just sitting at idle there is a problem. cruising you should see anywhere from about 20 up to 0 depending on how much throttle you give it. and then of course accelerating you will see boost.

Back