• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BLKOUT2: Rebirth. PRT 2011 track car build thread.

needs more quick release on the wheel

1) Completely unnecessary for me, even with door bars in the car I doubt I'll run one because:
2) It will cause the wheel to sit WAY too close to my body. I've actually made changes to put the wheel about an inch farther from my body than the stock wheel, and I prefer it there.

i added mine to get the wheel to be closer to me. i could probably do without and just run a longer spacer, but its nice to have when i dont want to fight my door bars getting in and out

i added mine to get the wheel to be closer to me. i could probably do without and just run a longer spacer, but its nice to have when i dont want to fight my door bars getting in and out

I definitely see the benefit. I just always feel like my elbows are into my sides. Downside of a 4 door, my harness bar is only so far back....as soon as I moved the wheel away I was in love. I would like to run one even just for the cool factor, but I would build my own hub at that point to keep the wheel where I wanted it.

Yes they were they were in Cali I know this because I've been talking to them for a month about the wheels :/ and you took them lol but like we were talking abt on FB I don't think +35 would fit my car so I'm probably gonna go +38 but need to do some measurements first as you suggested...

I could totally use a quick release with my stupid door bars, ill worry about that when I make the drivers side a solid bar.

Im surprised those wheels were in stock. Were those stateside?

Great wheel, has been a favorite for while.

I was surprised as well. I got the only 4 remaining that I know of.

Yes they were they were in Cali I know this because I've been talking to them for a month about the wheels :/ and you took them lol but like we were talking abt on FB I don't think +35 would fit my car so I'm probably gonna go +38 but need to do some measurements first as you suggested...

I can give you this additional piece on info, the 18x8 I mounted to test fit was a +44 offset, I mounted it alone and with spacers to pick my offset. It was close to the strut by itself but if you're tire isn't much over 9" wide installed you'd be OK. I would be very doubtful that much else will fit without rubbing. the fender My 225/35 on my 7 wide of the same wheel actually rubbed the quarter of my unmodified car...if you're not afraid to take a big hammer to your car...then the game changes.

I just •••• my pants for the 2nd time in this thread :drool:.

Thanks Joe!

I could totally use a quick release with my stupid door bars, ill worry about that when I make the drivers side a solid bar.

I believe the Focus hub was ~$135, that still requires the purchase of a QR and a wheel.

I can give you this additional piece on info, the 18x8 I mounted to test fit was a +44 offset, I mounted it alone and with spacers to pick my offset. It was close to the strut by itself but if you're tire isn't much over 9" wide installed you'd be OK. I would be very doubtful that much else will fit without rubbing. the fender My 225/35 on my 7 wide of the same wheel actually rubbed the quarter of my unmodified car...if you're not afraid to take a big hammer to your car.... Then the game changes

Well I'm running 235 now and I'm getting 245's the tire will go up another .4in in width and I have tons of clearance in the front. Back I need to roll my fenders as they are just scrubbing now and only on severe bumps. I have a lot strut clearance as of now atleast compared to my SHO which you couldn't fit a piece of paper between the strut body and the wheel.

Hey Pole, you need this wheel. Just for the fact that it says Ford Racing.
It is on craigslist around my area for $185.
3Ef3L33Nb5Le5I25Gb&#10.jpg

New steering wheel came in, so I got that fitted, and got started on the tubular core support. Hoping to have the core support completed before next weekend. Just need to make the header panel mounts, the custom radiator pockets and weld it in(it's just sitting in there now). Down the road I'll still need to add hood pin tabs, but for now I'm all set. I may end up capping the top and grinding it all smooth to hide the radiator fans, but haven't decided yet.

03-03-13-1.jpg

03-03-13-2.jpg

03-03-13-3.jpg

03-03-13-4.jpg

03-03-13-5.jpg

03-03-13-6.jpg

03-03-13-7.jpg

03-03-13-8.jpg

Back