• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BLKOUT2: Rebirth. PRT 2011 track car build thread.

Tires mounted and test fit complete. I have a little bit of work to do on the rear fenders just where the bumper meets the body, but other than that everything is spot on. Pumped to see it on the ground in a week or two.

03-08-13-01.jpg

03-08-13-02.jpg

03-08-13-03.jpg

03-08-13-04.jpg

03-08-13-05.jpg

03-08-13-06.jpg

03-08-13-07.jpg

03-08-13-08.jpg

03-08-13-09.jpg

03-08-13-10.jpg

Horay! Now thats what I'm talking about. The fit on those is amazing! Dare I say perfect?
I find myself drooling every time I look at your car. :drool:
You sir, are truly a wise man.

You, sir, have gone completely mad!

are the front struts still CDW koni's with GC's, or did you somehow swap to S13 parts?

do you plan to fab up camber plates for the back?

can't wait to see it all together. you 'aught to put the thing on a 4 wheel scale when it's done so you can post up the corner weights, I'm really curious

Love the suspension work... especially the front camber plate conversion!

Hey, didn't you say you are running 235s?

I have a full Koni Sport suspension on my SVT and I run 235/40ZR17 BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KD tires on 17 X 7.5" +45 Team Dynamics Mirage wheels and I still have plenty of clearance on both sides... in fact I've been thinking of switching to 245/35ZR17 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 tires; unfortunately, I think that would require switching to 8" wide wheels.

Mine is almost entirely street driven, but I still like to track it occasionally so I'd love to do the front camber plate conversion!

I have a full Koni Sport suspension on my SVT and I run 235/40ZR17 BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KD tires on 17 X 7.5" +45 Team Dynamics Mirage wheels and I still have plenty of clearance on both sides... in fact I've been thinking of switching to 245/35ZR17 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 tires; unfortunately, I think that would require switching to 8" wide wheels.

Mine is almost entirely street driven, but I still like to track it occasionally so I'd love to do the front camber plate conversion!

They discontinued the ZI's the ZII's have come out and they have reviewed better and I have them and they are awesome.

You, sir, have gone completely mad!

are the front struts still CDW koni's with GC's, or did you somehow swap to S13 parts?

do you plan to fab up camber plates for the back?

can't wait to see it all together. you 'aught to put the thing on a 4 wheel scale when it's done so you can post up the corner weights, I'm really curious

As I've been saying for a while now, It's still running CDW parts adapted to S13 camber plates. I don't presently have plans for the rear, but who knows what I'll feel like doing once I'm bored again. The car will be corner scaled when the alignment, ride height and corner weights are set but the local race shop.

Man I love this thing. Cars are always more fun to see when they are full of one off custom fab parts!

There's still more to come!

I think you're still gonna have rubbing issues with tires flex.

We'll see. I'm not overly concerned. I also have more fender work I want to do in the future.

Yes I run 235s. The reason you have plenty of clearance is because of your offset and lack of modified spring perches.

Those things look even more aggressive in person I cant wait to actually ride in this again once she is up and running.

When are you planning on having it back on the road? The front end is looking great and the DZs fasteners on the bumper :cool:.

When are you planning on having it back on the road? The front end is looking great and the DZs fasteners on the bumper :cool:.

I've stopped setting dates since every time I do it seems something comes up. I wanted it done about a month ago, but because the shop is busy, I'm busy so don't get to work on it nearly as much as I'd like.

I just read your whole thread on stance works and could not help but laugh on how similar our cars are (My SHO). From the plugged moonroof, deleted spare tire well, GC's with nice Camber plates/spring mounts, Gutted dashboards, Cobra Brakes, PR 1.2 as track wheels (Tho I run 275's up front ;) ) and probably power. Love this build!

-Sam

Still haven't gotten around to getting things updated(obviously) basically the car has a long way to go, and i am not overly confident it will be done before next year. If I end up deciding that's the case, then I'll be putting even more into it. I also have been itching lately to put it aside for a while and work on the RWD car some more.

Still haven't gotten around to getting things updated(obviously) basically the car has a long way to go, and i am not overly confident it will be done before next year. If I end up deciding that's the case, then I'll be putting even more into it. I also have been itching lately to put it aside for a while and work on the RWD car some more.

Good call. The other car is the groundbreaking one.

Back