• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Baer Upgrade Kit

Because of the piston area used, all my kits can be had with the standard FSL caliper, the optional BSL6 (either full size or narrow body), or even the NMDP (formerly NDL).

Can you host a group buy todd? The holidays are coming and I would really love a 6 piston 13" kit :)

Last edited:
Santa's pockets arn't that deep this year D:

BUT i bet if the price was right, i might consider. 6 piston is so amazing

Can you host a group buy todd? The holidays are coming and I would really love a 6 piston 13" kit :)

I'm not really into the "group buy" thing. To me a group buy is one order to one person for a number of kits- at the lowest price I can offer. Individual orders being processed with varying ways of payment and requiring individual shipping is not a group deal. Doesn't it really make more sense to just call that a "Sale"?

If I said I'd do 10% off on kits with a commitment of five or more, can we find five buyers who would be takers right now?

Currently I'm reviewing a lot of things for the next year and I have Wiwood's new price sheet, greater shipping costs, and greater manufacturing costs to consider. I've also redesigned the 13" kit hats which bumped the cost up by a full 50% to produce. Sadly I'm looking at a boost in retail price now on about everything. A discounted deal of 10% would be as good as I can really do on things now.

Can you find four other interested parties?

sort of off topic, but is there a way to upgrade my kit to a 13" when i buy new pads and rotors? is the difference just that adapter bracket? or would i need new calipers as well?

I'm not really into the "group buy" thing. To me a group buy is one order to one person for a number of kits- at the lowest price I can offer. Individual orders being processed with varying ways of payment and requiring individual shipping is not a group deal. Doesn't it really make more sense to just call that a "Sale"?

If I said I'd do 10% off on kits with a commitment of five or more, can we find five buyers who would be takers right now?

Currently I'm reviewing a lot of things for the next year and I have Wiwood's new price sheet, greater shipping costs, and greater manufacturing costs to consider. I've also redesigned the 13" kit hats which bumped the cost up by a full 50% to produce. Sadly I'm looking at a boost in retail price now on about everything. A discounted deal of 10% would be as good as I can really do on things now.

Can you find four other interested parties?

I saw that on TCE website. Ill see how fast I could come up with the cash. It may be hard to get 5 people with the fact that no one is buying anything at the moment.

I know...I'm some sort of hard-ass. But I still feel list prices are quite fair and I don't like the common "mark it up $200 and put it on sale" mentality. BS

Yes a 12.2 can be enlarged with 13" rotors (need to know what hat bolts are used- 8 bolt or 12 bolt) and a set of brackets. All you need. Oh, and some new hat bolts for them.

I know...I'm some sort of hard-ass. But I still feel list prices are quite fair and I don't like the common "mark it up $200 and put it on sale" mentality. BS

Yes a 12.2 can be enlarged with 13" rotors (need to know what hat bolts are used- 8 bolt or 12 bolt) and a set of brackets. All you need. Oh, and some new hat bolts for them.

sweet :cool: you will be hearing from me

I'm not sure if the 6pot Baer upgrade was mentioned in this thread or not, but they want $1,100 just to upgrade from the 2 pot to that. It's also not yet available for us, but the guy said they hope to have it ready at some point soon. So if you don't have a big brake kit yet, Todd's (with the 6pot upgrade) would be cheaper than the eventual (or not) 6pot Baer kit.

I'm not sure if the 6pot Baer upgrade was mentioned in this thread or not, but they want $1,100 just to upgrade from the 2 pot to that. It's also not yet available for us, but the guy said they hope to have it ready at some point soon. So if you don't have a big brake kit yet, Todd's (with the 6pot upgrade) would be cheaper than the eventual (or not) 6pot Baer kit.

Good call ;) - Todd wasn't lying about his prices being fairly reasonable.

im actually pretty psyched to upgrade now. even though i'll probably be selling the silver car before too long.

I got my Baer BBK in the mail today!!!

Upgrades include:
Polished Aluminum PBR Caliper Housing
13" Kit with 2-Piece rotors (Aluminum Hat)

Enjoy!
12-9-08BaerBBK033.jpg

12-9-08BaerBBK045.jpg

12-9-08BaerBBK011.jpg

Gonna powdercoat the brackets to match my rims!

- amyn

Back