• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Baer Upgrade Kit

I got mine from AAS before they raised their prices. Poor customer service, but it came in a timely manner, and was factory packaged.

http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/1998_9999_contour/brakes/brake_kits/baer/

However, if you can spend the coin, get the parts separately. Baer now makes a 6s caliper that fits our car, add the two piece rotors, buy the brakets and lines, and presto! $2000-2200 later, you're the only contour owner with a 6-piston setup!

$2000-2200 later, you're the only contour owner with a 6-piston setup!

I had the 6 piston Wilwood 13" brake kit and sold it to Livinsvt. I think it is/was maybe one of three, 6 piston sets for the conty..... I had to get rid of them because I needed a built trans for my '95 and we bartered some things to make it happen and the calipers went to him:cry:.....
car233.jpg

Comparison in size to the Baer 13" caliper:
newpics073.jpg

Just purchased my Baer BBK, cost 1300 on the dot!

Are there any instructions to get these installed? If anything I am going to Aircougar to get everything installed and setup!

But it would be nice to get this installed myself. I dont do much mechanically to my car!

- amyn

I would say it is a 3 for skill out of 10. Pretty easy, basic tools, jack, etc. Bleed brakes when you are finished and you will be in heaven :drool:

The only thing I am afraid about is due to what i have heard.

Losing all your brake fluid can cause the brake booster or master cylinder to break, and it must be changed at that point! Now if that is not gonna happen per say

when I remove the rubber lines to put on the SS braided ones all the brake fluid will come out.... Is there a way to stop this or is this the way to just do it?

- amyn

The only thing I am afraid about is due to what i have heard.

Losing all your brake fluid can cause the brake booster or master cylinder to break, and it must be changed at that point! Now if that is not gonna happen per say

when I remove the rubber lines to put on the SS braided ones all the brake fluid will come out.... Is there a way to stop this or is this the way to just do it?

- amyn

i had to bleed mine. nuthn happened to my master cylinder. just an old ceger wife's tale;). hehe. just make sure u follow the bleeding instructions to the letter. they come with the kit.

Oh DAMN Joe! I didn't know you had 6 piston Wilwoods! holy crap those are MASSIVE!!!!!

Would those clear 17"s? Its hard to tell =o Does anyone sell 6 piston kit for the tour?

i had to bleed mine. nuthn happened to my master cylinder. just an old ceger wife's tale;). hehe. just make sure u follow the bleeding instructions to the letter. they come with the kit.

Can you copy the letter for the bleeding and post it up here. I didn't have the letter for my kit (used) and would like to know if I should do it again. Thanks.

Beans Oh DAMN Joe! I didn't know you had 6 piston Wilwoods! holy crap those are MASSIVE!!!!!

Would those clear 17"s? Its hard to tell =o Does anyone sell 6 piston kit for the tour?

I bought the Willies from a guy in CA that had them on his torched SVT. I got them to rebuild and use, but then I had to choose which set to get rid of for the trans build. Willies or Baers. I kept the baers for the parts availablility and ease of working on them. The wilwoods you pretty much have to order anything you need for them including the pads. Can't go to autozone for them..... soooo I let them go :blackeye:.

I don't know if they fit 17's or not. I think they would fit some, like the baer 13" kit only fits some as well..... I would love to have them back.

TCE: is it a $300 upgrade in this kit: 13.0" x .81 Street Sport kit with FSL calipers- $1295
The 6 piston BSL6r calipers alone are $410 EACH by themselves.... :eek:.

BTW, the Baer extender brackets that mount to the knuckle seem to fit the BSL6r Willies too :ponder: Wierd coinceidence.
Here are more pic of them:

random188.jpg

random187.jpg

random186.jpg

those 6 pistons belonged to wavrdr's old SVT. He then sold the car to coldazfire(robert) which had the car for a while upgraded to a 3L, bigger turbo, yadda yadda yadda, and then sold it to a guy in Cali. One day he was driving it and it cought fire. Then he parted what he could before the insurance took it. After that a guy named James said it was going to be auctioned but we never heard the outcome of that.

Alan( wavrdr) was rocking 17" supperleggeras with those brakes. FYI

The fluid has to be flushed but its not gonna physically break anything. And yes they make little rubber plugs to stop the liquid but since you're replacing the whole line you might as well just let drain out since you're gonna undo it at the top as well.

Back