• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Another Huntsville meet?

A weekend has not been selected yet....still waiting on everyone to check schedules and start voicing when would be good for them...

For Rich and I...the first weekend of March is out...other than that we're good to go!

Also...FYI to everybody...the Cafe 302 car shows that Rich mentioned generally do not start until the second weekend of April...then they are the second Saturday of the month until October.

Lori

Put a date out there and let's see what happens. Like Lori said, first weekend of March is out. I think that the 23 - 25th sounds good for us. Lori reminded me we did another meet right around this time in 04 when we first met....This would also be the meet that we did most of our stuff. This was the meet that I had a talking to by my bro's about how I was doing outside Madison Square Mall. And....the talk from my sis HEY KIM about a certain young lady that I was courting.... :eek::cool:

Hector, remember recording your car exhaust on the phone?

HAHAHAHA this is also the meet where we lost Jim (TourDeForce) on the backside of Monte Sano Mt and I had to go try and catch him....(shhhh I know, you were trying to go home by way of TN :laugh:) That was the Cavi's first run on the dragstrip and oh yeah Eric, remember the kid trying to play like he had something with the group on the way to the strip....

Good Times! Ok so how 'bout March 23 - 25?

I think our crazy Nissan guy (Calvin) has gone into the military. I know he was supposed to but, I think he has gone. I will see if he is around....

L8R
Rich

Right now that date sounds good.:cool:

I remember the exhaust in the phone....my car now is quiet compared to my Tour.:laugh:

That weekend might work for us. I have to go to school in Atlanta the week before, so that should be well out of the way and cause no problems.

And since we're talking about the dragstrip... I mainly remember carry all of Erics tools that he had in the trunk of his car, plus his headlight on his second run. Should have seen all the people in the stands looking at me when I walked back up there. Then, when Eric came out to line up; several people just looked at me again, this time way more shocked then when I walked up there with the stuff. LOL! :crazy:

Rich! You mentioned something earlier about some pics from past meets?

The one's I have are on Hetfield's gallery.... http://www.hetfield.net/gallery/album02?page=2

There are a few other CEG related things there too... like a ton of pics of my sheild, many examples of the CEG logo I did that made the cover of the calander a few years ago and some other car shows I went to a few years ago. I do admit, I need to remove all the car show pics.

Last edited:
That weekend might work for us. I have to go to school in Atlanta the week before, so that should be well out of the way and cause no problems.

And since we're talking about the dragstrip... I mainly remember carry all of Erics tools that he had in the trunk of his car, plus his headlight on his second run. Should have seen all the people in the stands looking at me when I walked back up there. Then, when Eric came out to line up; several people just looked at me again, this time way more shocked then when I walked up there with the stuff. LOL! :crazy:

Rich! You mentioned something earlier about some pics from past meets?

The one's I have are on Hetfield's gallery.... http://www.hetfield.net/gallery/album02?page=2

There are a few other CEG related things there too... like a ton of pics of my sheild, many examples of the CEG logo I did that made the cover of the calander a few years ago and some other car shows I went to a few years ago. I do admit, I need to remove all the car show pics.

Nawwww we need to keep those!!!! We need to see if we can post that video that you did too!!!! That would rock!!!

Wow! Throw-back pic time!! Mikeyboy fell asleep while I was counting my money. :cool:
16_G.sized.jpg

Excellent. Sounds like we are getting lots of people interested in the meet which rocks...so again it is time for the rules...

Just like I have said in all of theprior meets, this is to be considered a family meet. Also, no, attitudes, no ego's, no stupidity. I don't want to be the one to have to pull you off the mountain because you got an ego and thought you would push the limits. Again, these meets are also called G2G's or Storyteller's for a reason. It means you come, you have a killer time, you hang out and shoot the breeze about your car, life, etc.

This is not the time to show up and show your attitude and let your ego come out. I do not take lightly to people showing up to my meet acting like they are the stuff and starting crap with people. When you are at one of these meets, everyone is on an even playing field. What you do or did to your car, may not be what someone else would do to their car. Keep it to yourself...unless it is constructive criticism. As I have said before, I will put you in your trunk with your attitude and call your mommy to come pick you up.

Kool?

Now with all of that out of the way. Let's get ready to rock!!!! :cool:

L8R
Rich

Excellent. Sounds like we are getting lots of people interested in the meet which rocks...so again it is time for the rules...

Just like I have said in all of theprior meets, this is to be considered a family meet. Also, no, attitudes, no ego's, no stupidity. I don't want to be the one to have to pull you off the mountain because you got an ego and thought you would push the limits. Again, these meets are also called G2G's or Storyteller's for a reason. It means you come, you have a killer time, you hang out and shoot the breeze about your car, life, etc.

This is not the time to show up and show your attitude and let your ego come out. I do not take lightly to people showing up to my meet acting like they are the stuff and starting crap with people. When you are at one of these meets, everyone is on an even playing field. What you do or did to your car, may not be what someone else would do to their car. Keep it to yourself...unless it is constructive criticism. As I have said before, I will put you in your trunk with your attitude and call your mommy to come pick you up.

Kool?

Now with all of that out of the way. Let's get ready to rock!!!! :cool:

L8R
Rich
Hey Rich, my car can kick your car's ass!:laugh:

Yeah Yeah Yeah....and see there is a prime example...LOL...

Yup, this is true, not gonna deny that :help:...but uhhh...I know these roads much better than you..... :cool: :laugh:
:laugh: 245-45-17 tires help more than you think.:laugh: Not to mention it is one of the best handling cars stock.:crazy:

This is fun.:cool:

:laugh: 245-45-17 tires help more than you think.:laugh: Not to mention it is one of the best handling cars stock.:crazy:

This is fun.:cool:

Fine, gimmie a day to go find my Supra or my NSX and we will talk :crazy:

LOL....oh wait, I just found a chevy 305 and a strong 9in rear end....hmmmmm :p

HAHAHAHA Too much fun

L8R

Fine, gimmie a day to go find my Supra or my NSX and we will talk :crazy:

LOL....oh wait, I just found a chevy 305 and a strong 9in rear end....hmmmmm :p

HAHAHAHA Too much fun

L8R
I will let you know....my buddy has a 79 Malibu, built 350, long tubes, heads, trick cabuerator, and more.

There will be a race soon.:cool:

Back