• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Another Huntsville meet?

Some of us EGL'rs wanna go to Road atlanta some time next year. April would sound great to me. not sure if you guys would rather go there

Where is everyone? March?:shrug:

We need to wake the place up....I will do better to get this thread up to date....So the deal on the table right now is a meet in March. Food provided by Gibson's BBQ in Decatur. Track runs on Friday night at the strip. Mountain runs after Morning breakfast....Hector, see what you can dig up as far as hotels, I think our fave on S pkwy is cool but there has been mad construction still on that side of town soooo, name off some places and I will scope them for ya. There is a new hotel in town if you feel like putting down some $$$ Embassy Suites is just down the road from work...LOLOLOL. So as far as what your dollar gets you and what you can do for a group discount, let me know what you find and I will see if the place you found is good for your rides.

Again, we will probably make this one of our famous 3 day meets starting on a Friday and taking us thru Sunday. I have some new roads scoped out that I have been keeping my eye on and driving from time to time. They seem to be lightly traveled by the guys in blue.

Remember as well, this is a family event....so as I have always said, drop the attitudes. We don't have time to hear about how your ego is so big it can't fit into your trunk. I will look into show and shine's in the area as well to see if there is one we can fit everyone into. There usually is one first weekend of the month at Cafe 302 down the road from me. Being march it will probably be a big one so what I may do is secure at least 5 spots for us. But do make a liar out of me, let's get more cars to come.

Alright that is enuff for now. I know it is still a long way off, but, if everything goes well, this may get to be big.

L8R
Rich

Hey guys!! And umm gals.... (cough!)

Count Kim and I in. It's March and that is still a couple months off. Depending on Kim's work (her being able to take off) and me not knowing when I will be going to California for school (I don't wanta' fly!!), this is going to be kinda in the air for us right now. That is until we can nail it down.

Let's see... gotta make a check list of things I need...

1) New set of Mintex pads (because of the downhill sports we play)
2) Flush the brake system again with fresh fluids (see above)
3) Two new BFG's (due to the idiot that did my alignment last)

Other than that.... I think I'm good! :)

I'd probably be in as well, I don't know about fri but Sat & Sun would probably be ok. I'm in the same boat as phil b/c I'll have to make sure the wifes work schedule is ok.

MMMMM Gibsons.....I gotta talk to Steve.:laugh:

Yup and where is Eric at??? Also just to be clear we are going to be going to the Home of Gibson's BBQ in Decatur. So the food will be a few notches up. We will probably want to get there in the early afternoon or early evening times due to the parkinglot getting filled up...Lori and I will have to do some scoping of the place and try to get an idea of what works well for all the cars and the amount of people.

Hey guys!! And umm gals.... (cough!)

Count Kim and I in. It's March and that is still a couple months off. Depending on Kim's work (her being able to take off) and me not knowing when I will be going to California for school (I don't wanta' fly!!), this is going to be kinda in the air for us right now. That is until we can nail it down.

Let's see... gotta make a check list of things I need...

1) New set of Mintex pads (because of the downhill sports we play)
2) Flush the brake system again with fresh fluids (see above)
3) Two new BFG's (due to the idiot that did my alignment last)

Other than that.... I think I'm good! :)

Yeah, I need to put new drums on the rear get a hold of some Satisfied Ceramic shoes for the rear and morse ceramics on the front again....Methinks my rotors are eating them due to the lack of grip in the rear....hey wanna hear something funny? Call your local Autoparts store and ask them how many pairs of rear brake shoes they have in stock for an 04 cavalier.....:nonono: Going to be calling satisfied....need to syphon out bad hydro fluid from clutch res to make sure it stays good.....

I'd probably be in as well, I don't know about fri but Sat & Sun would probably be ok. I'm in the same boat as phil b/c I'll have to make sure the wifes work schedule is ok.

Sweet....I usually add Fri in there cuz most people try to drive down the friday before the meet and get settled in so that we can start stuff Sat morning...so you have a friday nite that kinda turns into a meet and greet, then we go get some grub somewhere....not Gibsons....and then turn in.

Alright so now with the month set and some interest in the meet, I need to know what weekend looks the best to everyone....I know I know, long time in advance, but, let's think about it...you guys know when your pay schedules are. You know how your vacation will work, should you need it. Those with kids may want to see if there is something that might be coming up in March that they will need to anticipate. This will also be the best time for you to come up with a budget for gas and food and lodging as well so that you aren't strapped when you get here. :cool: The dragstrip has not updated their info yet so, I don't have anything yet. I will double check in the coming month to see what they have going. Cafe 302...I need to check with them as well....seems to me they have something the first weekend of each month....

I will be looking up some other ideas to try to cram into the weekend somehow. Right now I have new roads for us to play around with and the new Gibson's (well not new...but new to you guys) in Decatur and the dragstrip.

L8R
Rich

huntscille isn't that far from nashville. we might be able to combine the meets, neco and ceg

It's happened before. We keep trying to get NECO involved but every time we have a meet they don't seem to wanna come play. One of the biggest meets we had was with the Nashville CEG crew. I have pics somewhere of a parkinglot that we filled up. We did one day in Nashville where there was a run on the Dragon....correct me someone if I am wrong....and a swap meet of sorts....we left a lot of tread....ummm I mean we learned how to take corners properly in a parkinglot....and then Sunday there was a meet in HSV....or was that Sat.....All I remember was Doc and the drivers meeting about the road.....Fun stuff. I am not sure if the old forums still has the meet pics but there were a lot and there was a bunch of video taken by Phil that is somewhere....

You need to come to the meet if we can't make it there. I want to see that Coug you have. Lori has one and I am very much thinking of starting to refresh it.....oh yeah, that reminds me...gotta get the slight exhaust leak fixed on her car soon...

L8R
Rich

is there a time and place of it yet? so ican plan it with my wife?

A weekend has not been selected yet....still waiting on everyone to check schedules and start voicing when would be good for them...

For Rich and I...the first weekend of March is out...other than that we're good to go!

Also...FYI to everybody...the Cafe 302 car shows that Rich mentioned generally do not start until the second weekend of April...then they are the second Saturday of the month until October.

Lori

Back