• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

6000K vs 8000K

I got my kit this wensday, and will put them in my SVT sunday, can't wait to see what it looks like compared to my silverstar ultras!!

I got my kit this wensday, and will put them in my SVT sunday, can't wait to see what it looks like compared to my silverstar ultras!!

i quickly put my new set in my SVT and compared to the mystique they where even brighter it seemed on the garage wall ...

i quickly put my new set in my SVT and compared to the mystique they where even brighter it seemed on the garage wall ...
Thats mostly because of the design of the headlights, pre98 vs 98+. the clear lens will have more overall light output. the "flutted" lens from the pre98s has a better focus with less glare, but slightly less overall output.

well i installed mine early today, and I see what u mean you have to reverse the factory plug to go into the ballast, but othen then that it is very easty to install, not to wait till it gets dark to really see the diffrence and try to aim them

timein shipping is how ever long it takes ups ground shipping. so in my case 7 days from Cali to CT.

it took two weeks to fill the order for the raptors as they seem to be keeping low stock because its a new item and there are resellers buying like 50 kits at a time so the stock seems to go fast and it is taking them 2 weeks to get more stock in.

order the ddm kit and it should ship out the same day as long as its in stock.

wow what a diffrence!!!! I was driving around at night time, and I got it aimed the best I could, and so far nobody flashed at me so far, but now the HID's over power my halagon fog lmaps for sure, so later I will get hid's for fog lamp, maybe the 3000K

I just gave them a call about about some bulbs. Very quick answer of the phone, but not my answer. I could hear many other calls coming in at the same time and people answering HID questions in the background. They seem to be very busy. My only complaint is that the guy I spoke with was very "slow." Lots of long pauses and he just couldn't comprehend what I was trying to do. I asked him a question about ordering d2s bulbs for my projectors (no kit), but I was wondering why they add $25 for the d2s. Well the harness to use d2s with their kits is $25 so I was wondering if the harness came with them since I don't need them. He just kept asking (after looooong silent pauses, hence why I heard background stuff) what kit I was ordering. After three explainations or so he finally understood and told me it didn't come with a harness, but I still don't know if I believe him since I think he was just looking at the site as he was talking to me. :shrug:

So then you call tight back and speak to someone else, no one will ever know....

No worries. I thought about it, but I didn't feel like dealin with someone else. Plus, the harness could come in handy one day if it does actually come with it.

Pssst. Raptor kits back in stock :)

Pssst. Spend a little more and get a lifetime warranty.

Pssst. Raptor kits back in stock :)

fyi I think I have an issue with one of mine. again this morning, it was 10 degrees out and one balast did not light the first time. it did the second time. I think I might return it for another one. the DDM set I had in the car never did that so I am convinced its the ballast and not the wiring, etc.

Pssst. Spend a little more and get a lifetime warranty.

well crap, they have been going back and forth with that. I got my raptor with a lifetime warrenty.

Wow that was quick, and i don't intend for a 50$ hid kit to be the greatest thing ever, I'll post pics up when it gets here

Back