• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

6000K vs 8000K

4300k in the fogs as well? I was gonna go for their 3000k in my foglights.

I had 3000k HID and it looked crappy. 3000k HID is not a deep yellow. It looks like Easter egg yellow (piss yellow). I know the look you want IS300. That is what I wanted but you can't get it with HID, unless you also use some yellow laminex on the fog lens like the IS300 uses a yellow capsule to house the bulb to make the output an intense yellow.

I had the look I wanted with PIAA Ion-fog bulbs (very intense yellow output) in PIAA 510 fog lamps but I wanted fog projectors and PIAA does not make the bulb type for my projectors. Sooo I put 4300k in there. Very clean, very classy, very bright look.

I had the look I wanted with PIAA Ion-fog bulbs (very intense yellow output) in PIAA 510 fog lamps but I wanted fog projectors and PIAA does not make the bulb type for my projectors. Sooo I put 4300k in there. Very clean, very classy, very bright look.

Pictures?

would seem the raptor hids are back in stock as I got the tracking number via email tonight ... now to see if it shipped today this time ....

4300K owns all colors...I am still baffled on how many cars I see with their ridiculous blue HIDs thinking they are increasing their light performance when in general they are not and they are causing crazy glare for others.

Ive had both 4300K and 5000K..both Philips brands and they were absolutely amazing..I juuust recently reverted back to 4300K on my G-coupe and boy the difference is clear even from 5000K to 4300K

ALWAYS go 4300K for HIDs..

The HIDs I have for fogs outshine my headlights....even being at the lower angle. Granted they are Hella's and not the stock housing, I would highly recommend getting HID's if you can fit them in there.

The HIDs I have for fogs outshine my headlights....even being at the lower angle. Granted they are Hella's and not the stock housing, I would highly recommend getting HID's if you can fit them in there.

Can you PM me some info? I want to do that when I swap out bumpers....

Ok, so I was browsing around over at svtperformance and came across this about the legality of HID conversion kits Anyone here run into any issues, or have you heard anything about this before?

have not heard anything about this before but wouldn't doubt it.

I think a few things would hold true
  • dont get ones that are very blue or pink and therefore draw more attention to yourself
  • make sure the lights are aimed well
honestly I see it like the laws about having a plate on the front of the car. yes you are suppose to have them and alot of people don't. however I have never heard nor have I been stopped because I didn't have a front plate. but lets say someone without a front plate is pulled over for something else its just something else that they can and most likely will ticket for.

i had to laugh alittle about the guy saying he doesn't flash people with poorly aimed hid coverted lights. if some one flashed me I would at least reaim the headlights. I know that happened after I installed my new lights and thought I aimed them well. someone flashed me so I reaimed the lights again and it hasn't been an issue.

Last edited:
just read this on the bimmer forums from ddm

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1177378

Now those of you that would like to buy tons of inventory of Raptor may not feel this way. Oh well, there's a reason. Its a new product. I'm pricing it for what it is worth, not what I can get for it. And therefore, if it, as a new product, turns out to have any significant quality issues, its best for us, and therefore the pricing of the hobby, if I don't have to replace more than 5000 kits or so. Money I've got, but stupid, I'm all out of. Therefore, stock will continue to be short ON PURPOSE so that we don't have any quality issues that will sink the company on time or monetary issues to remedy. Give it another month and Raptor availability will not be a problem.

Last edited:
Back